Truma Ultrastore water heater

Sep 26, 2019
Visit site
My Ultrastore water heater works on electric but not on gas, when I turn it on I can hear it clicking and trying to ignite but after 10seconds the red light comes on.
The outer cowl cover is off and window is closed, it was previously working fine, anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Stupid question maybe but have you checked the gas is turned on both at the gas bottle, and at the valve which controls the inlet to the water heater? The latter is in the cupboard under the sink in our van together with 3 others for oven / fridge / heater and occassionally gets knocked to the off position by an errant saucepan ...

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I see that in a separate post you said that your fridge isn't working on gas either.
This would seem to suggest that theres a problem in the supply between the gas bottle and the two appliances.
Is the cooker and oven working ok?

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm in agreement with Parksy here, with regards to checking the gas supply. A few years back there was an issue with blocked diaphragms in the fixed bulkhead regulators.
I would suggest checking all the gas rings are working properly, that way at least you know the gas is flowing through. It would be most unfortunate (and rare) for the flame sensors or gas valves, on both the heater and the fridge to fail at the same time.
Regards,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts