Truma water pump

Sep 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi all

I've just bought my first caravan a Compass Omega 482 2006.

It's fitted with a Truma water pump as (seen in pic) when I turn the pump switch on in the van it starts and pumps water (with taps on) but it doesn't turn off at all an is constantly running but not pumping water when the taps are off (I've looked into the water container and water is not going down if that makes sense)

Any suggestions much appreciated

Attachments

• 1000009520.jpg
    1000009520.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 2
Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem about a week ago. There is a thread on here I started with various responses. I ended up buying a new pump which solved the problem. So I concluded the pump was faulty, about 18 months old.

Sep 15, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the reply
I've read so many post about what to do I think I've just got to get a new pump as well ours is about 18 month old as well but as its new to us don't know what kind of life it's had before

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I would doubt your pump is defective, there is a pressure control gizmo that detect when pressure in the system reaches a certain point, it then cuts the 12v feed to the pump. On earlier caravans that was adjustable. That would be my first thing to check.

DONT buy a whole new mega expensive pump and hose unit from Truma, you dont need to!
Havea search on eBay for 12v submersible pump (make sure it has a decent flow rate,msome dont) . There are many available for vastly less than what Truma want. You may need to fit a couple of spade connecters on the non pump end. If you pull the blue plastic outer sleeve away from either end you will see there is a clear plastic pipthat t take the water, and a length of twin core wirthat t feeds the pump. Undo the end that fits into the caravan to expose tge electrical connections.
A 5 minute job to change.

Here's just one of many. I carry a spare pump as they are notorious for packing up! Like I said, dead simple to change.

Reactions: damo2014uk
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Here's just one of many. I carry a spare pump as they are notorious for packing up! Like I said, dead simple to change.
On a previous caravan we had 3 pack up within the first year of ownership on a new caravan. One of them actually fell apart. I then replaced the Truma pump with the Whale version which fits into the same socket and no more issues for several years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts