Trumatic Blown Air Not Working :(

Jul 30, 2024
Visit site
Hello this is my first post, I've got a swift fairway 520 in great condition My only gripe is the blown air system from the trumatic fireplace/heater doesn't kick on. I'm getting heat from the unit itself but no blown air. I've tried in manual and automatic mode. I've also taken the switch out on top and cleaned the contacts as I have read this is also a common fault. Any other advice anyone could give me? I've already checked and we do not have a separate blade fuse for the blown air, the trip switch on the RCD says fridge/blown air so I'm assuming there is not a separate fuse hidden away. Anybody reckon it could be the motor or could anyone point me in the right direction of anything else to check before I get an engineer on the case.

thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We don't have enough information to identify the blown air system. What year was the caravan manufactured, and what is the model number of the heater and the blown air system?

Jul 30, 2024
Visit site
It's a 2004 swift fairway, the heater is the truma trumatic with the blown air system built in. I have attached a picture. The actual heating portion of the system works fine It's just the blown air that is supposed to be drawn over the heat through the front of the unit and then pass through vents in the caravan however the blown air is not working As mentioned in "op" I have a suspicion it could be the motor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240730_064549_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240730_064549_Google.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 2
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for the update. I can see now you have what looks like a Truma S3000 series convector heater, and the fact you mentioned a label in the electrical consumer unit marked "Fridge & Blown air" tells me the heater also has the Truma Ultraheat electric heating.

I also guess as you were not able to tell me the exact model, that you don't have the user manuals. You can find the manuals online either from the Truma website or other third party sites, and I encourage you to get them.

You actually have three Truma products, the S3000 series has convector heater, the Ultraheat electric elements, and a Trumavent blown air unit. They are designed to work together as their controls are integrated to some extent, but the blown air unit is a 12V dc fan system, and there should be a 12v fuse somewhere in the caravan relating to it.

As your caravan is about 20 years old now, it is possible the fan motor or PCB has failed.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Can you see / reach the fan motor without removing the whole heater? After 20 years dirt build up can stop the fan. If you are lucky a good clean up may work.

I assume you know the guidance on working with LPG and that the flue gasket MUST be replaced if disturbed.

Changing the cylinder fan is not too hard but its placement needs some careful positioning to avoid rubbing and unwanted vibration.

Reactions: toad a caravan
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Presumably you have correctly set the wall
Mounted switches and controls? I have only run mine on electric so needs mains for the elements and 12v for the fan unit.

Nov 17, 2005
Visit site
Can you access the back of the fan unit?

I had a similar problem on my unit and it was the 12 volt feed that had come unplugged from the back of the fan unit.

Jul 30, 2024
Visit site
Thanks Guys for all the replies :). I think @ProfJohnL might be on to something But I can't seem to find the 12 volt fuse anywhere in the caravan, I've gone under the front seats where the battery charger/12v fridge ignition fuses are along with the fuses for towing lights But there isn't any fuse in there labelled blown air. So unless there is a hidden fuse somewhere in the van which I've not found yet. And as far as accessing the units without removing the entire thing it's quite tricky, I have taken the draw out which is above it Which gave me a bit of access to poke around behind there but everything seems plugged in and I'm not completely sure where exactly the motor is attached to the back of the unit so I wouldn't know where to start tapping and knocking etc. hence the reason I may just ask an engineer to attend and have a look with it being a gas unit also I don't particularly want to try and take the thing off the wall and end up disturbing the gas lines.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Youtube has videos on unclipping front panel. Take photo of fan control connector before unplugging. There should be 12V across a couple of pins if not issue is 12V supply.

You should upset gas feed if careful. They are very robust pipes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts