Trumatic remote temperature sensor?

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Just bought a 2010 Adria caravan but am a bit disappointed with the heating. Just back from a few days away where the temperature was pretty low and even with the temp setting at 9 it still didn't get very warm and the thermostat wasn't kicking in. On my old ABI van, I had similar problems and got around it by fitting a remote sensor. Can you fit the same to this heater? Looking through the docs that came with the van it appears to be a Trumatic S 3002 P / S 3002 / S5002. I can't see any model number on the from at all.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes you can fit the same remote to this fire.
The remote stat only affects the Ultraheat (the electric heater) not the gas heating.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you get in touch with Gary at Arc Systems he has the remotes and they are better made unit than the Truma item.

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Well I got a price off Gary which is a lot cheaper than Trumatic but he says the cable is only 2ft long so that's not going to help as I want to move it to nearer the door which is at least 12ft or more!!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No, you don't want to move it to the door, it is strapped to the temp sensor for the gas just under the front of the fire.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No you don't, any cold air coming from the door or anywhere else will arrive at the base of the fire in seconds, this has to be the case due to to the action of the fan sucking, or without the fan purely due to the convection caused by the fire.
No one ever complains about the gas fire not keeping an even temperature, the fires sensor is on the floor behind the fire front so why not strap the electric heating's sensor to it?
Since 2003 I've sold countless sensors based on that simple principle without complaint

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Gary, OK makes sense now I think about it!! Do you supply some simple instructions as to where to clip it on and how to remove the cover (assuming I need to remove it?)

How do I order one from you?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts