Trying to dry the awning.......

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Typically after good weather last week in Cornwall it rained on the day we packed up, so the awning needed drying. I usually pull the caravan out and hang it on there but short on time today so removed the panels and hung it on the line as the forecast was good all day.

Two hours later it was almost dry, then I noticed it had suddenly gone dark.............

awning.jpg

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Well, it's eventually dried and put away. I will look at one of those awning rails, the only "wall" long enough (unhindered by plants, sheds etc) is running along the front of the (double) garage, so I'll give that a go.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A neighbour fitted a rail on the house back wall. A couple of times a year they had loads of family members come for a BBQ. The full sized awning helped to protect from rain and sun (if they were lucky).

John

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I think many of us check the weather prior to departure and if it looks like rain, take down the awning the day before.
The rain was forecast to arrive at lunchtime which wasn't going to be a problem as we were going to be leaving by 10.00am. I woke up at 6.30am to the sound of rain-on-the-roof!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's eventually dried and put away. I will look at one of those awning rails, the only "wall" long enough (unhindered by plants, sheds etc) is running along the front of the (double) garage, so I'll give that a go.
Hi Gary that how we dried our awning on the garage wall and ready for the next outing

Reactions: GaryB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts