tubular locks

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I have just had a look on you tube ,and you can get a demo on how to open tubular locks like the type fitted to wheel clamps and wheel locks and you can buy the tool to do it , it takes less than a minute ,you can also see a demo of other locks

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sproket ,after watching the video ,there does not seem to be any thing thats safe under lock and key any more , if any body wants to steal any thing they have all the info on youtube

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
you can also use a simple everyday biro to unlock these types of locks, seen it done a while back in some bike mag when they opened a variety of top market secure locks and chains for bikes within seconds.

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
What next?

Caravan security another joke it would seem.

Bulldog QD44 Wheel Clamp ( BQD44 )

Awarded best buy by the Practical Caravan Magazine.

Price

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Joby

I'm spechless. Looks easier than the real key! And youcan buy them!!

I'd like to know what all the Insurers have to say. When a theft is reported if their adjuster doesn't find the remains of the forced security lock the claim is rejected. With these bits of kit it will appear the owner never locked up in the first place!

Am I wasting my time with all those Al-Ko locks???

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I was the engineer responsible for locking systems on all Vauxhall/Opel models for a time so through my connections with supplier I learnt a lot about how easy it is to pick practically any lock, so nothing surprises me. Over the years I have been called several times to help friends who have locked themselves out of their cars or homes and it has usually been possible to open the locks without damaging anything. In cases where damage did occur, this was only because I didn't have the right tools at hand. Given the right tools, and one can assume that the 'professionals' have these sort of things, any lock can be picked without any visible damage. Cutting or grinding a lock open, for example, is something that only the amateurs do.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I think what makes it worse is that it's a firm who are advertising these lock picks, here is a link to their web site.

bumpkeys
after looking at all those keys and picks ,i should set myself up as a locksmith at a

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Even when the outer lock is offthere is still the inner bolt that you have to have the matching piece to remove which looks difficult to get round.C&CC insurance werent bothered about Tracker as long as the Alko lock and hitchlock was on so thay cant be easy to defeat.I also take a picture of mine with the locks on onmy pahone so its date and timed ,at least Ive got some evidence its secured.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
If you put bumping in a web search there are poads to buy.

Can i just point out one disturbing point !! . I used to work at a double glazing company and if you have a upvc front door with a barel lock there are bumping keys to open your door and its done in under 3 seconds. The up point is that there are now anti bumping barels on the market to replace them. 2 minute job could save you a fortune.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
"Even when the outer lock is offthere is still the inner bolt that you have to have the matching piece to remove which looks difficult to get round"

Deli dave. if you're referring specifically to the alko wheel lock then it's not that difficult as all the matching pieces as you call them are the same. I have two alkos on my twin axle and the parts for removing the bolts are inter-changeable.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

The two Al-ko wheel locks on our Wyoming use totally different sockets to undo the main bolts. If yours are the same then you need to consult with your dealer. According to Al-ko they should be different bolts sockets and different key locks.

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dustydog,

It's a Wyoming I have as well. The keys for the tubular locks are different but the tools for removing the main bolts are definitely the same. The van was bought new with both locks supplied as standard, both sets of locks still in original packaging. The van is due in for annual service in a couple of weeks, I'll raise the matter with the dealer then.

Wonder if Alko only have a limited number of different combinations of bolts and by sheer coincidence I've got two the same?

Robert

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dustydog,

It's a Wyoming I have as well. The keys for the tubular locks are different but the tools for removing the main bolts are definitely the same. The van was bought new with both locks supplied as standard, both sets of locks still in original packaging. The van is due in for annual service in a couple of weeks, I'll raise the matter with the dealer then.

Wonder if Alko only have a limited number of different combinations of bolts and by sheer coincidence I've got two the same?

Robert
Hi Rob

I have a Lunar Delta and the 2locks are totaly different so think you need one changing, by the way have you registered them with Alko ?

g

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts