Tunnel - Duty Free?

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
We have just booked the tunnel for the first time, in previous years we have used the ferry and took advantage of cheap beer and stocked up. Is there a facility to do the same on the way back from Calais at the check in area?

G

There's been no duty free when crossing EU borders for years.

We came in to the UK this week by ferry and there was nothing that we coudn't buy in France cheaper than on the ferry.

I'd stock up in a Hypermarket.

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
There's been no duty free when crossing EU borders for years.

We came in to the UK this week by ferry and there was nothing that we coudn't buy in France cheaper than on the ferry.

I'd stock up in a Hypermarket.
Euro,

When we came back in September, beer was 1 euro a can in the hypermarkets, on the ferry I could but 1/2 ltr tins of Stella for 50p each. Point me in the direction of a h/market where i can buy that and I'm happy....

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
Euro,

When we came back in September, beer was 1 euro a can in the hypermarkets, on the ferry I could but 1/2 ltr tins of Stella for 50p each. Point me in the direction of a h/market where i can buy that and I'm happy....

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Unless you catch a special offer the Tunnel prices seem very high to me We go to Pidou on the Industrial estate on the way to the tunnel but the way the pound is our local Tesco is very competitive.

G

Big fan of the service and prices that Norfolk Line offer, but don' forget that Eurotunnel do take Tesco pionts/pounds, and as these are worth 4 times their face value in pounds, it can make Eurotunnel a good alternative if indeed you do collect Tesco pionts.

I also believe another ferry operator takes tesco points too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts