TV hookups in Spain

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
We are thinking of going to Spain this winter, but having no satellite system on our motorhome, and having read that the satellite system is all set to change, we are wondering about going to a site which offers TV hookup. Do we need a Skybox/receiver in our van, or does it just plug into the outside aerial socket? Can anyone recommend a good site? Been looking at Bonterra Park at Benicassim but not sure if they have TV access. Any advice would be welcome.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
I have never seen any yet. This year we rented a large dish in Portugal but used our own Sky box and I think you will need a reciever too even if there was some form of centralised satelite supply as so many nationalities would need to be served

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are taking a laptop computer and have an internet connection you can get most TV on-line using sites such as www.filmon.com
BBC iplayer will play radio directly but not TV but found this way round the problem. The TV techies on the Forum will doubtless provide more ideas. Much easier than lugging big dishes and set top boxes around.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The new Astra 2E satellite was due for launch May this year, then July, but has been delayed due to the Russian launcher explosion a couple of weeks back. Astra was the next scheduled launch and has now been put back indefinitely until they are satisfied it will be a low risk launch. It then takes some 3 months to get it into geostationary orbit and test it out before it goes live. The footprint will be much smaller than the prevoius satellite which enabled us to get Freeview as far south as Beziers with a 54cm dish. I have read that for Spain a dish of 1-1.25m will be required and even then reception will not be guaranteed and will be more affected by weather conditions.
But the good news is that the new Astar 2E will have a stronger signal in UK and you will only need a 45cm to get good signals in Orkney!
Looks like the Kindle might get used more.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
sheila.d said:
We are thinking of going to Spain this winter, but having no satellite system on our motorhome, and having read that the satellite system is all set to change, we are wondering about going to a site which offers TV hookup. Do we need a Skybox/receiver in our van, or does it just plug into the outside aerial socket?
I don't believe a UK TV is compatible with european TVs in any case. Something to do with scan rate/PAL?? So even if the campsite did provide hookups your UK TV would be useless.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Woodlands Camper said:
I don't believe a UK TV is compatible with european TVs in any case. Something to do with scan rate/PAL?? So even if the campsite did provide hookups your UK TV would be useless.
Only the old terrestrial analogue transmissions are not compatible. There's no problem with digital or satellite transmission, though. I've received both on both sides of the Channel.

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Up to date TV,s are ok and you do need a box (sky or free view ) bonterra park no free tv at all need big dish,have alook in the CCClub carefree winter book to see which site have plug in TV. There are one or two in Benidorm almafra,Marjal,Or try PC laptop iPad,they will all work that I no,just get good wifi.Last winter a Spainish SIM card for only 17€ and got over 40hrs of TV plus Internet (on the boat from Santander back to uk and still wifi so 17€ to me not a lot of money!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts