TV in europe

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Im going to take my sky plus box with me this year and if it works out it will mean i can brouse the program listings and record anything i like and watch it any time i feel like it.i normally only watch it to unwind after work in the early hours of the morning as there is only kids programs all day and not much on by night (in the am)so the plus box is a Godsend allowing me to watch things ide never normally see.

The best thing about tv on holiday is nothing interupts my veiwing on holiday while my wife is topping up her tan and no chance of me getting a callout. bliss!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Answer to the above question:- Why forsake creature comforts when away from home? Lots of people take bikes with them when on holiday because they enjoy cycling not just when at home. Same goes for watching TV. They're both just trying to reconcile two favourite pastimes.
completely agree and should be left to do so - it's a free world and each to their own.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Im going to take my sky plus box with me this year and if it works out it will mean i can brouse the program listings and record anything i like and watch it any time i feel like it.i normally only watch it to unwind after work in the early hours of the morning as there is only kids programs all day and not much on by night (in the am)so the plus box is a Godsend allowing me to watch things ide never normally see.

The best thing about tv on holiday is nothing interupts my veiwing on holiday while my wife is topping up her tan and no chance of me getting a callout. bliss!!!!!!!!!
Good for you. Each to their own and no need to explain as far as I am concerned.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Sat is quite a good idea, especially if you watch Euronews (Sky 509.) It shows lots of news about Europe that is never aired over here, has few adverts, and has weather forecasts of differing types on the hour and half hour.

As for kit, buy over there. Go to a good DIY shed - and there are oodles in France - and you can buy a 80cm dish complete with LNB (the bit on the end of the arm) and a 5000 channel pre-programmed receiver which will allow you to watch any sat that you can find, including UK. The only catch is that if you want to watch Ch4 or five then you need to take a Sky box with (at least) a FreeSat card. A s/h box will cost you about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts