TV or not to TV

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Just curious since there's been a number of threads about TVs.

Am I in the minority that doesn't have a TV in their caravan or even at home?

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site

Almost certainly. To be honest though you're not missing much and most likely find far more productive things to do with your time.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Without TV SWMBO would have missed the UEFA footie over the last few weeks.At least England are still in it 👍.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
We use tablets and watch Netflix shows that have downloaded before leaving home. Most site wifi is rubbish so don't rely on it for watching videos. The TV at home is mainly used Netflix and Youtubr as there is rarely anything worth watching on TV these days.

Also TV is bulky and heavy item in caravan where space and payload is at premium.

Reactions: JRT

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site

We have one in both but rarely watch much 'current' TV preferring to stream stuff from 80's 90's and 00's.

I also have a handful of people I follow on YouTube and tend to watch them on the TV.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I rarely watch TV preferring to watch YouTube where I can choose a subject matter I’m actually interested in.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Have TVs at home, in lounge, dining room and master bedroom, and we have one in the caravan.
Watching TV especially the news coverage is all part of our daily lives.

As these days when we go caravanning, we are "living", just not in our house, rather than being on vacation, watching is part of our activities, much like we still wash clothing, ablute, cook and clean when away.

Never seen the point of not using a TV, it's a modern-day asset technology brings our generation and if you want use it fine, just as if you don't.
All said it does not dominate our lives, just like the other activities mentioned.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have a 28" Smart TV in front of the caravan on the chest of drawers and another 21" in the bedroom area of the caravan. They are connected to the satellite system for normal programs.

We don't go out in the evenings and I very seldom have an alcoholic drink, tea or coffee after 6pm even when the rugby is on. TV is a matter of personal choice.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We have a TV in the lounge, the main bedroom and one in the kitchen (that's the one that we take with us in the caravan). On the whole, we watch news and current affairs.
The one in the lounge is satellite, the one in the bedroom terrestrial and the kitchen is WiFi when it's in the kitchen (because there's no other connection available there) and satellite when it's in the caravan.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We use to take our Tv with us in our caravan my wife like watching 5USA NCIS and we watch it all the time at home

Last edited:

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies.

Lest you think I was trying to pass judgement on your choices vs mine that's absolutely not true. I'm an unofficial student of human interests and endeavours so like to understand others choice - that includes people watching as well. I get to learn things that I may have missed.

Of course I forget that while I'm watching them, someone's probably watching me . :)

I'll not go into why I don't have a TV but as a well known member says - Each to his own.

Happy Viewing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts