TV Problem

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Paul,
Get an HDMI cable to link the tv to the sky box. Run a temporary sat co ax cable using f connectors from the dish to the input on the box.
I suspect you maybe using coax connectors which are not as good as the f ones. Just another possibility.
Let us know the result.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Dusty.

I'm using F connectors from the dish to the box but I can't use an HDMI connector as the box has no HDMI outlets. However, even if it did, the filter only has co-ax connectors.

Something I forgot to mention earlier was that filter cuts off the signal completely.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Just looked back - from what I can see it looks as though you are fitting a 4G filter into the signal input of a satellite box? Now wonder it kills the lot as (1) there will be no power getting through to the LNB to power/control it and (2) the 4G filter cuts off at 790MHz or thereabouts where you sat downlink is 950-2150MHz!!!

4G filters are for Freeview ONLY.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
No, I'm plugging it into the output of the Sky box as stated above " I've tried the filter in both the outlets on the sky box."

There is nothing on the packing of the 4G filter to say it's for Freeview only but I bow to your greater knowledge Woodentop but this leads me to ask - what can I do to stop this interference?

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
PaulT said:
No, I'm plugging it into the output of the Sky box as stated above " I've tried the filter in both the outlets on the sky box."

There is nothing on the packing of the 4G filter to say it's for Freeview only but I bow to your greater knowledge Woodentop but this leads me to ask - what can I do to stop this interference?

Switch your phone off? You are on holiday, oh hang on, leave the TV at home too??

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Just had a look at the original post. Signal coming and going suggests to me that the tuner is wandering OR the signal being put out by the Sky boxes is not compliant with what the TV expects. In the old days one tuner memory on analogue TVs was specifically highlighted as for video input - it was usually the highest channel number. You could try that.
It is unlikely that 4G interference will be the issue BUT you can get round it. Get into the Sky box engineers pages (on a Sky+HD box it is Services-001-select (sometimes 401) without pauses) and change the RF2 output channel to something below 50 or for that matter down in the 20's if it will take it. That will put you several 100MHz away from 4G.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
I'm not on holiday, I live in the caravan whilst renovating a barn in France.

KeefySher said:
PaulT said:

Switch your phone off? You are on holiday, oh hang on, leave the TV at home too??

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
PaulT said:
If I can explain my set up someone might be able to help. y box.

Something else which might be relevant - the Sky box is connectef to the aerial socket on the TV (i.e not via a Scart lead).

Anyone got any ideas?

IMO.......you need to connect via a scart lead.
Make sure dish has an uninterupted line of sight to satellite at all times.
That is to say no trees blowing in the wind in a critical position.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Wonderful Woodentop!!!

I changed the RF outlet to 50 and hey presto - no interference. At last an answer to my ongoing problem. I knew it wasn't the dish alignment and was fairly certain that I didn't need to connect via a SCART lead as I've never done this before.

Thanks once again.

Woodentop said:
Just had a look at the original post. Signal coming and going suggests to me that the tuner is wandering OR the signal being put out by the Sky boxes is not compliant with what the TV expects. In the old days one tuner memory on analogue TVs was specifically highlighted as for video input - it was usually the highest channel number. You could try that.
It is unlikely that 4G interference will be the issue BUT you can get round it. Get into the Sky box engineers pages (on a Sky+HD box it is Services-001-select (sometimes 401) without pauses) and change the RF2 output channel to something below 50 or for that matter down in the 20's if it will take it. That will put you several 100MHz away from 4G.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts