TV reception at Braithwaite Fold CC site, Bowness.

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

We are off to Braithwaite Fold CC site, Bowness on windermere next week, however reading the site info it states

TV reception is poor, however I have read info that Cumbria has recently gone digital.

Is this correct? and if so has anyone successfully picked up a digital freeview signal on site, otherwise I may just take the satellite system.

Cheers!

Andrew.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Andrew,

Give the site wardens a ring. They will advise you and be able to tell you whether there are any obstructions to line of view for a saterlite dish.

Hamer

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
I was there a few weeks back. Couldnt get anything on the status aerial. I tried a big separate aerial on a 10ft pole. No digital at all but i managed to get bbc 1, 2 & itv1 on analogue although the picture was a bit snowy.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Likewise we were there over the last Bank Holiday - could not get anything on digital/freeview despite having the new style directional aerial on our van but did get the odd analogue channel but again a bit snowy at times - its a very busy site and you would think that the club would invest in tv sockets on the electric posts - some others were using a satellite dish so maybe they were getting some reception but it has always been a bad area for tv reception

May 20, 2009
Visit site
Likewise we were there over the last Bank Holiday - could not get anything on digital/freeview despite having the new style directional aerial on our van but did get the odd analogue channel but again a bit snowy at times - its a very busy site and you would think that the club would invest in tv sockets on the electric posts - some others were using a satellite dish so maybe they were getting some reception but it has always been a bad area for tv reception
hi all

i have found that you only get a good picture from satellite and you cannot beat it, none of the caravan ariels give a good picture monty

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
the lake district go digital in june 2009

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts