Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
wow, that is a dodgy clause then, what if you have teenage kids at home who are not away with you at the same time, you would have to arrange staggered viewings of your favourite programs!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Firstly, they have to find you. I think you will find that the detector vans only visit those addresses that are not on their database as having a licence. Otherwise, it would mean that they would have to sit in their van by the side of yor caravan whilst at the same time a detector van sits outside your home address. But is my name sake sure of this clause?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Take a look at the TV Licensing website at http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/mediaandcommunity/mediapressreleases.jsp?archive=39 which tells you...

"However, holidaymakers who own touring caravans and mobile homes will be pleased to hear that their home TV Licence covers them when they're away. Owners of static caravans will also be covered by their home licence, providing the TVs at both sites are never used at the same time."

More details can be found at that site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Giving it some further thought, the dtector van would have to come onto the site - can't see some site owners who have barriers letting them in - and then detect a van with a tv on. Knock Knock 'what is your home address' 'I'll just get another detector van to visit your home address to see if anyone is watching tv'. No, they will not take any notice of touring vans so do not worry.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't take the TV with you and just enjoy the countryside -similarly disable the mobile phone and don't bother to buy a newspaper. I'm sorry to say ( in a way) the world out there won't miss you - why not return the compliment and relaxxxxxx. ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
wow, that is a dodgy clause then, what if you have teenage kids at home who are not away with you at the same time, you would have to arrange staggered viewings of your favourite programs!
just tell the kids they cant have the telly 'that should be fun'

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts