Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone.i will soon take delivery of my first van so am complete novice and will be here a lot.ive got a baily ranger GT 60 and would like to know what is the best kit for tv reception.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Wayne and welcome to the wonderful world of caravanning.

To answer your question this is a topic asked many times on here.

Many of us have gone down the satellite route such sytems are now as cheap as buying a good aeriel.

Then of course you go for a good high gain aeriel and mast,and then you have the status aeriel on your van and you are a few miles from a transmitter you have another option.

Satellite is good (free to air) no monthly bills just a one of payment for th kit.

You will get several views on this but I hope this has been some help to you .

Sir Roger

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi Wayne and welcome to the wonderful world of caravanning.

To answer your question this is a topic asked many times on here.

Many of us have gone down the satellite route such sytems are now as cheap as buying a good aeriel.

Then of course you go for a good high gain aeriel and mast,and then you have the status aeriel on your van and you are a few miles from a transmitter you have another option.

Satellite is good (free to air) no monthly bills just a one of payment for th kit.

You will get several views on this but I hope this has been some help to you .

Sir Roger
thank you sir Roger.satellite it is then cheers

May 2, 2005
Visit site
I have a large dish on a tripod and use my Sky+ box.

Plenty deals on Ebay that include tripod, dish and cable.....

Sky may send you a letter about dis-connected box.....if still under 12 months contract or if you have multi-room. Just phone them and tell them that you switched the whole lot off while on holiday...if box is over 12 months and a single unit.....ie,no multi-room, no letter will be sent

Done this for 10 years and never a problem.

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I made the mistake last year,come into a touring caravan as a newbie after staying in statics all the time,bought new van & it did not come with a status tv ariel.so payed

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Don't mess about with anything other than a sat. dish and receiver....if you already subscribe to Sky, all the better as you can use your Sky card whilst away(For all but the premium channels IE Sky Sports and Movies).

You will find, as has been quoted here umpteen times that the Status ariel that came fitted to your Ranger is neither use nor ornament and when you first use it you WILL think its faulty.....it isnt its just crap !!!!

Happy viewing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts