twelve volt twouble

Jul 10, 2006
Visit site
I have a 2005 Bailey Ranger and i would like to know about the 12 volt system. Do i need the additional relay set that was fitted in the car with the tow bar, or can i wire the plugs without and let the caravan relays do the work?...will the caravan battery charge up with the engine running? and can i use the car to power the electrics? The fridge works with the additional relay set in circuit but the van 12 volt systems go off. I have wired the grey plug so the fridge is connected to the red wire and the green wire is wired to a permenant 12v-...have i got relay overkill...help please. ( there is no switch on this caravan to change power sources).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
jeff, what you need is a permanent feed with + on pin 2 and - on pin 3 of the 12S (with the + fused at 20A). This supply will run your van 12v systems when connected to the car without the engine running.

The fridge supply is + on pin 6 with - on pin 7. This will ( normally) work via a voltage sensing relay which operates with the rise in voltage when the car engine is running. This supply feeds the fridge plus operates a 'habitation' relay in the van. This relay switches off the van 12v systems and connects the supply on pin 2 & 3 to charge the van battery.

Hope that helps, if you need any further info please ask.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
jeff, what you need is a permanent feed with + on pin 2 and - on pin 3 of the 12S (with the + fused at 20A). This supply will run your van 12v systems when connected to the car without the engine running.

The fridge supply is + on pin 6 with - on pin 7. This will ( normally) work via a voltage sensing relay which operates with the rise in voltage when the car engine is running. This supply feeds the fridge plus operates a 'habitation' relay in the van. This relay switches off the van 12v systems and connects the supply on pin 2 & 3 to charge the van battery.

Hope that helps, if you need any further info please ask.
jeff, sorry made a slip, the permanent feed is on pin 4 (not 2)with the - on pin 3. ray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts