Twin Axle Leveling

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I am about to take possoession of a twin axle in a couple of weeks time and I am concerned at leveling the van across its width.

I have checked the leveling blocks I have for my single axle and they are to long to fit between the first and second wheel of a twin axle.

Can any one who has a twin axle please advise on how they get over this problem, whether it be a proprietry product or a DIY.

Thanks, John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John

We are now on our 4th twin axle 'van. I have three boards, each about 1 inch thick, 6 inches wide and 36 inches long. With the 'van in it's final place I can see which set of wheels needs to be lifted and by how much. By pulling the 'van forwards and then placing one or more boards in the appropriate place will give the required lift as the 'van is then reversed onto the boards. This is a quick and easy way to level. After 10 years of use the boards are now getting a bit past it, but they have been very good value for money. Happy travels. BarryB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've go a brand new twin axle with a mover fitted to the front axle. I've always used the Fiamma levelling blocks ( yellow plastic things). We went to out first rally in a steeply slopping field and found that we could not stack the Fiammas on top of each to get the required lift as they fouled the mover. So we had to reverse onto the blocks, which I don't like doing. What I've done is taken a board about 3ft by 6 inches and then stacked a series of three boards of decreasing lenghts on top to give a final lift of about 3 inches. The last board is long enough to take one of the the Fiamma blocks. The overall slope is shallow enough to accommodate the mover. Does the same job as BarryB's.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
me & my wife have looking at twin axle vans and are thincking of have one. but i too wound how you do this. had looket a round a lot of delers fo the blocks but cud not see . so i think the is a gap in the market for a lot of itoms for tiwn axle vans. wound you think that has well. prase the mag cud help .

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
I have had twin axle caravans for 10 years and have always levelled them with Fiamma levelling blocks. They fit together like Lego, are very sturdy and very light.

An alternative method is two Dixon-Bate levellers which is more expensive but you can fine tune the levelling. Also they are heavy.

Enjoy your twin axle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts