Twin wheel jockey

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
About 2 years ago I saw a video of a twin wheel jockey fitted to a caravan which had a mover. It went through mud and even a ploughed field without the jockey digging in.
On my storage site I have to use the mover as there is not enough room to use the car. Although the the pitch is a drive through one I always reverse the van in as if I go in forwards the jockey digs in. A couple of times the jockey has sunk in even going in backwards and I have had to jack up the caravan to free the jockey as it sunk past the axel.
We often use showgrounds which are basically muddy fields and are on one at the moment
At last I have seen the Reich conversion kit containing two wheels, new axel and fittings. It cost £49.99 and I will fit it this weekend. .
I will post again when I see if it lives up to the video but has anyone else purchased one ?

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I shall be interested in how you tow with it, how does it 'stow' high enough, certainly on a centrally stowed wheel you will surely have to remove it before towing?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Why not alter the weight on your caravans nose wheel by rebalancing your caravan when you are manoevering with your mover?
Get the wife to stand/sit/ lie at the back of the caravan or place a full aquaroll or two there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts