Twiny pro

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I know that i can get the Twiny Pro bottles from where we go in France , but, what i want to know is how do i connect them to the caravan when i have a fixed regulator (Truma auto changeover) already in my van?Do i have to connect to my fixed regulator via the twiny pro regulator or do i bypass my regulator using just the twiny regulator?
Also, when i buy the twiny bottle will i get the regulator and any pipework with it or do these have to be bought on there own?
Sorry for asking, as i bet this has been covered before but i can't find it anywhere.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
When you buy a gas bottle for the first time, you normally get a (pressure reducing) regulator*.
I don't know if you can use a bottle top regulator in series with a bulk-head regular but would have thought not.
We bought a non-pressure reducing adaptor & hose from a caravan shop here & it all works well.

* The first time I wanted a bottle of gas for our house, I spend a morning looking for & then paid 30€ for a regulator only to be given one when I paid 16€ deposit for a bottle of gas

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings,
From what you have said, it would appear that as yet you haven't got the Twiny gas bottles.
Before you buy(hire) them in France you need to know what the size of the exit point is. I have looked online and it would seem that it is 20mm (but please find out.) If you buy the adaptor before you go to France you will find that the screw fitting for it is the same as a UK Butane pigtail. You will also find that the price will be cheaper in the UK.
If it is 20mm then you will need a 20mm Adaptor to fit the pigtail that goes from the adaptor to the built in regulator. An adaptor has the same appearance as a regulator but there is nothing inside it to regulate the gas coming out of the bottle.
If the Twiny has a 20mm exit point you will find that there are other makes of bottle that are available to you. I have an Antargaz 10kgs lightweight bottle (similar in size and shape to a UK BP bottle.) That one also uses 20mm adaptor.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
as previously said, the twiny is 20 mm & you would need to a 20mm connector BUT if you are presently using BP lite bottles you will allready have a 27mm connector,this can also be used with the french Le Cube bottle
if you are using calor butane the connector simply unscews from the pigtail & the new one screws on in its place
see here http://www.gaslow.co.uk/pages/c_s2_1.htm
you cannot use a bottle regulator as well as the bulkhead regulator in the caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
KeithP
I forgot to mention that the UK adaptor has an outlet that connects to a UK Butane Pigtail. That is a POL Female nut with a LEFT HAND thread.
The French adaptor however has an outlet that uses an M20 female nut with a RIGHT HAND thread.
It therefore follows that if you wait until you are in France before you buy your adaptor you will need a pigtail that has a M20 connection AT EITHER END. (The regulator end has a M20 connection)
Such an article can be bought at BES Plumbing Supplies (Google it) at a far cheaper cost than trying to buy it at Caravan Shops.
If on the other hand you have already bought the adaptor in this country and you have the Butane pigtail, you have no worries.
Have a good trip.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts