Typical!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Generally we are away in the van every weekend...But- two weekends ago we stayed at home to do the garden (in brilliant sunshine). Last weekend my lady was away with friends so I gave the van a full coat of wax polish and general valet (in brilliant sunshine). This weekend we are away in the van again- I have tomorrow off work to get ahead of the game and guess what-the BBC weather website forcasts a lovely wet weekend for the area we have booked a site....typical!

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
know how you feel. i only get 2 in every 5 weekends off work , last weekend we were supposed to go away but cancelled due to high winds on the friday , only to see the wind drop in the evening , saturday not too bad a day then sunday was glorious.off tomorrow rain or shine , and it will rain !!! then work the next 3 weekends so it will be glorious again for that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI Paul/Jon, if it makes you feel any better, last weekend we were at the CC site in Buxton. On Thursday evening a colleague from work phoned to tell me 'what a lucky dog' I was. At that point I was watching hail stones the size of golf balls lobbing on to our car bonnet as we ate fish and chips in a car park.

We woke on the Friday morning to two inches of snow. The rest of the weekend we suffered a mixture of hail, snow, sleet and rain and had to have the heating on full belt. The sun shone brilliantly, as we travelled home.

Did we care? Not one jot. We weren't at work and we were away. Enjoy yourselves this weekend, I shall be working this weekend and the next three! Best wishes, Roz

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
know how you feel. i only get 2 in every 5 weekends off work , last weekend we were supposed to go away but cancelled due to high winds on the friday , only to see the wind drop in the evening , saturday not too bad a day then sunday was glorious.off tomorrow rain or shine , and it will rain !!! then work the next 3 weekends so it will be glorious again for that.
jon, can you let me know what weekends you are working this season so I can book my weekends away and know the weather will be nice

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Grandad used to say about the weather (he got it from his mate "Charlie" when they were in the trenches during the Great War) "Three things you should remember about the weather,

1. We will get some every day. 2. It will either be good or bad. 3. And there's ****** all we can do about it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well- after me posting the original message- here's what happened. Left for the site Friday lunchtime- in dry weather! Down the A1 and then it started to pour down! Tried not to get upset as I had spent hours the weekend before cleaning the van! got off the A1 on the smaller roads to the site and arrived with mud and straw all up the front of the Bailey from the country roads!

Anyway- cleaned the van- along with the other guys who had arrived during the downpour- and then it dried out! Enough to walk to the village pub for dinner! Saturday dry but cold, and Sunday was spend in chairs outside the van in the sun! BBQ's were out and I even got sunburnt! Got the van safely back to storage at 18.30 last night just before it started pouring again!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was going the other way- went to Hertfordshire (Astridge Farm CC site). Usually head Yorkshire way ourselves but had a change this time! Heading to Leyburn soon though!

TRENDING THREADS