Tyre Safety advise for caravanners

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Thought the following might be of interest:

17/04/08

Tyre Trade News Online

Last year, around two million people took to the road with a caravan in tow, accounting for nearly 20% of holidays taken in the UK. With the arrival of greater daylight hours and with temperatures set to increase, thousands of motorists will hit the country's roads once again towing a caravan or trailer. In conjunction with this traditional migration of holidaymakers, the Highways Agency has recently released a DVD entitled "Fit to Tow," with TV presenter Carol Smillie providing crucial advice to those motorists who use a caravan or trailer for their vacation.

TyreSafe, the UK's leading tyre safety organisation, says it extends its full support to the latest Highways Agency initiative, as many drivers are not aware of the dangers related to the inadequate maintenance and preparation of their vehicles, with incorrect or damaged tyres in particular, presenting a major risk to their safety.

For further information on looking after caravan tyres, visitors may download the latest version of "Caravan Tyres and Your Safety" leaflet for free at www.tyresafe.org/tyre-safety/

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
I believe you can also view the Fit To Tow "DVD" online from the Highways Agency's website. I will try and find a link as I found it very helpful, especially for a complete novice.

TRENDING THREADS