Tyre Saver plastic blocks.

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Just a quick question about these Tyre Saver plastic blocks. I think like allot of people, they are a great Idea. Especially if you are storing your caravan for a while without moving it.

My question is..... not having tried them yet, once both wheels are sitting in the Tyre Savers, will the motor movers be able to move the caravan easily out of them ?

The reason why I ask this is that I have read & heard people say that they jack their caravan up & slide them under the wheels one at a time & the same when removing. Is this because their caravan doesn't have motor movers or is it that the motor movers don't have the power to move the wheels up & over the small hump that the Tyre Savers have.

Where I store our caravan I want to place some Tyre Saver blocks permanently.This will insure that I park it in the same place every time which means that I can open the caravan door fully next to my building, plus all of my car doors once it is parked along side the caravan, between my other building.

Regards,

Smokey.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Only problem you might have is if one wheel tries to climb before the other one.
But by making a long tapering ramp for each one would cure the problem.

I have two alloy ramps that are approx 300mm sq & climb 90mm to help get the van up the causeway edge to enter the garden, my van weighs 1600kg & the mover does it with out a problem, ( Powrtouch HD ) fitted
smiley-wink.gif
so climbing onto some Tyre Savers should not be a problem, but check that the size that you buy are suitable for the tyre diameter on the caravan.

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi Sproket

Thanks for that. I will give them a go but if I have any problem, I will do like what you have done. Good Idea.
Smokey.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts