Tyre Valves sizes

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
My Bailey Ranger 510/4 van needs all tyres replacing and I don't trust the valves that fitters put on...I want to buy some brass ones...My tyres are 175 13C 97/95N. Are Caravan tyre valves standard size?

Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The majority of UK car and caravan tyre are now tubeless, so the valves are designed to fit the valve hole in the wheel rim rim. I don't know for certain, but I would assume there is a standard size or set of rim hole sizes.

However the length of the valve stem is not fixed and a quick google of "types of car tyre valves" illustrates the variety of different designs.

I suggest you talk to your fitters about choice of valves.

Reactions: Panda's Caravan
Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
The majority of UK car and caravan tyre are now tubeless, so the valves are designed to fit the valve hole in the wheel rim rim. I don't know for certain, but I would assume there is a standard size or set of rim hole sizes.

However the length of the valve stem is not fixed and a quick google of "types of car tyre valves" illustrates the variety of different designs.

I suggest you talk to your fitters about choice of valves.
It's the fitters that worry me:) I have perished valves and out of date new tyres that I need to replace..I'm buying Ahomi TR600HP High Pressure Snap-in Brass for van etc as you will know that our van tyres have a lot more pressure in them (I was recommended on here recently) I just wanted to check if the width of hole would be the same...As I understand it, a lot of fitters (not all) just fit the cheapest valves which they readily fit in car rim tyres which are changed more frequently than our van tyres.I will take my new valves,and new tyres and get them fitted + balanced.

Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by “ out of date new tyres”. How old are your tyres such that you need to change them. I change mine at 5 years old from date of manufacture. They never wear out it is the being static and exposed to UV that does damage to caravan tyres, assuming of course that they are kept properly inflated and not run under pressure where overheating will damage them.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Why would anyone not trust valves tyre fitters fit; they are fitted to hundreds of cars are always replaced when the tyre is changed and i for one with over 30 years motoring have never had a faulty one?

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by “ out of date new tyres”. How old are your tyres such that you need to change them. I change mine at 5 years old from date of manufacture. They never wear out it is the being static and exposed to UV that does damage to caravan tyres, assuming of course that they are kept properly inflated and not run under pressure where overheating will damage them.
Over two years out of date!
Did not know at the time (DOT) and won't be caught out again. I've never bothered checking dates on a car tyre as they are changed more frequently and more likely only to be a few months old....

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Why would anyone not trust valves tyre fitters fit; they are fitted to hundreds of cars are always replaced when the tyre is changed and i for one with over 30 years motoring have never had a faulty one?
Hi Jezzer, you've obviously been very lucky! Have you ever had a tyre fitter say to you would you like a better valve for your high pressure Caravan tyres? I have not ! They will in my experience use the cheapest valves they can buy ...I take my van wheels off when it's not going to be used for a while and have had three valves perish! I will now buy a much better VAN quality valve and ask them to be fitted on my new tyres...I will also check the DOT date before paying for them to make sure the NEW tyres are no older than six month sold...If they can't guarantee the van tyres dates...I buy and take my own...I am currently looking at doing this now:)))

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jezzer, you've obviously been very lucky! Have you ever had a tyre fitter say to you would you like a better valve for your high pressure Caravan tyres? I have not ! They will in my experience use the cheapest valves they can buy ...I take my van wheels off when it's not going to be used for a while and have had three valves perish! I will now buy a much better VAN quality valve and ask them to be fitted on my new tyres...I will also check the DOT date before paying for them to make sure the NEW tyres are no older than six month sold...If they can't guarantee the van tyres dates...I buy and take my own...I am currently looking at doing this now:)))

I always take my own tyres and buy mainstream makes from online outlets that have good throughput IE Blackcircles, tyre leader etc

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
I always take my own tyres and buy mainstream makes from online outlets that have good throughput IE Blackcircles, tyre leader etc
Thanks for the Info otherclive...I've seen these valves..TR600 High Pressure HP Snap-in Tubeless Tyre Wheel Valves Stems Truck ..But I still have not chose my tyres..I'll look at "Blackcircles" when I get back from taking the woofers:)

Thanks for your help again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts