Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am quite interested to read the comments re the tyres fitted to new caravans. (See Tyron bands this column) What can "Vanners in the know" tell me about the tyres on my new (2004) Bailey Pageant? Have I got the best on offer or should i be looking to improved versions?

John Lee

Mar 22, 2005
Visit site
Re. Hankook Tyres

Further to previous correspondence. I am owner of a 2001 Eldiss Avante. I always check tyre pressures when caravan is in use. I cover the tyres in the sun and remove the wheels when the van is not in use.

Whilst travelling on autoroute in France last summer a tyre blew. On my return to UK I checked the other tyre and it was misshapen and tread was bulging. I took tyres to my local tyre fitter whose opinion was that they were faulty. He sent them for inspection. Report came back saying there was no evidence of a fault in manufacture or any evidence of irregular use. They suggested the carrying capability had been exceeded. I disagreed. I took the van to local weighbridge and the weight of laden caravan was within the max laden weight. As a gesture of goodwill I was given 85% of the value of each tyre, which amounted to

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
KEEP AWAY FROM HANCOOK THEY ARE THE WORST TYRES I HAVE EVER BOUGHT HAD MINE 2 MONTHS ON MY OLD VECTRA AND CHANGED AFTER SOFT WALL BULGE AND ABSOLUTELY CRAP IN WET WEATHER

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts