Tyres

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I bought a 2002 avondale dart back in January, and was told at the time that 2 new tyres had been fitted,

Today I had the brakes serviced and was informed that the tyres on it were dated 2001, I called the dealer amd they said they would look into it, they called me back and confirmed that no new tyres had been fitted,even though the salesman had told me that they had on the handover,

What should I do?

The guidelines on the CC Website quote that tyres should be replaced after 5 year, which I will of couse do,

Should the the dealer pay?

G

A bit difficult unless you have something in writing. If the dealer is willing he/she may be able to contribute somehting in the interest of 'goodwill'. Otherwise i suspext you are on your own. However, tyres for a caravan are not that expensive and better the cost than be splattered across a road.

By the way, you are not alone. I have to buy 2 tyres although mione have only done a few thousand miles, but the age factor has got them.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
A bit difficult unless you have something in writing. If the dealer is willing he/she may be able to contribute somehting in the interest of 'goodwill'. Otherwise i suspext you are on your own. However, tyres for a caravan are not that expensive and better the cost than be splattered across a road.

By the way, you are not alone. I have to buy 2 tyres although mione have only done a few thousand miles, but the age factor has got them.
yes you got a 2002 caravan dose not meen it was made in2002 it could be 2001 the tyres could have been hanged due to blow outs

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
the NCC guidelines for caravan tyres has been changed from 5yrs to 7yrs and it is only a reccomendation and not a legal requirement. tyres should be properly examined to determin their condition because tyres can deteriorate after 2yrs or a well maintained and cared for tyre can last longer than 7yrs.

if you only had a salesman say it and nothing in writing then i can see no re-dress. it is merely your word against his. sorry

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've had two changes of tyres on our nine year old van - and still suffered a blowout. This caused complete shredding of the tyre, resulting in the reinforcing damaging the wheel arch, the inner wheel arch, and making a small hole through actually into the van. The damage was covered by insurance, fortunately.

We've also seen the results of one just in front of us on the autoroute through Lyon, which wasn't pleasant - and resulted in a huge amount of damage to a family van - probably writing it off as it was an older van.

Whatever the outcome - dealer pays, or you do - replace the tyres before you use the van again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts