UK caravan clubs.

Jul 22, 2024
Visit site
Hi all. Just come back to touring and would like to know what thoughts anyone has on a club to join, we will be touring in the UK and Europe. Not fussed about all singing and dancing sites just nice sites to relax on.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all. Just come back to touring and would like to know what thoughts anyone has on a club to join, we will be touring in the UK and Europe. Not fussed about all singing and dancing sites just nice sites to relax on.
I’d join both for a year if budgets allow. The CMHC have more certificated sites ( 5 van) and these can provide excellent vfm from basic fields to sophisticated full service facilities.

Reactions: stagthelad
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We much preferred using CL’s. Therefore the clubs were necessary and excellent for us. We chose the Caravan Club but purely by chance. We also saved a lot of money on foreign trips. But it depends what sort of camping you wish to do.

John

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
We first joined the CCC and then enlarged our choice of CS/CL by joining the CMHC. We tend to use more CL as there is a good map available for us to plot our locations . I haven't found a similar map for CS. I do find the CMHC own sites a bit regimented for my liking.

As said above join both if your finances permit and after a year assess which has been the most beneficial.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
With the CCC there are also the Temporary Holiday Sites which set up in a filed with water and waste disposal but rarely need to be booked and are good for short off grid stays, or as overnights/breaks on a longer journey.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
If touring in Europe the best bet is any municipal site. They are usually inexpensive, most are spotlessly clean, and there is rarely any limit on access times. There are plenty of sites in France, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands, but German sites tend to be thinner on the ground and more pricey as they are also in Austria. We have never tried Iberia.
For the record, unless you are able to book in advance, you are better arriving at municipals mid afternoon and whatever no later than about 16:00 or you may find the sites full.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If touring in Europe the best bet is any municipal site. They are usually inexpensive, most are spotlessly clean, and there is rarely any limit on access times. There are plenty of sites in France, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands, but German sites tend to be thinner on the ground and more pricey as they are also in Austria. We have never tried Iberia.
For the record, unless you are able to book in advance, you are better arriving at municipals mid afternoon and whatever no later than about 16:00 or you may find the sites full.
Fully agree, joining ACSI gives good discounts, just out of season.

Reactions: stagthelad
Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
We’re in the posh club purely so we can avoid the main club sites. Virtuall all our UK trips are on CL’s, of which there are loads.
(We actually quite dislike the CAMC main sites, too many rules & regs, too busy, & quite often very officious staff)
I’d actually recently been thinking about joining the Caravan & Camping Club as well.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We’re in the posh club purely so we can avoid the main club sites. Virtuall all our UK trips are on CL’s, of which there are loads.
(We actually quite dislike the CAMC main sites, too many rules & regs, too busy, & quite often very officious staff)
I’d actually recently been thinking about joining the Caravan & Camping Club as well.
Out of the frying pan into the fire? :unsure: :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts