UK Site open in November

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Because of the way our holidays have fallen this year our next week away is the first week in November.

I'm struggling to find sites open after the School half term (in mid Oct).

I'm looking for a site that takes children and dogs , and thinking it will probably cold and wet close to places I can take a 2 year old to to keep him entertained.

I've found a CC site near Paignton for starters but need to know whats attracts are around there.

any suggestions welcome

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Roger

Sorry, I cant help with any information regarding Paignton, but I believe that around Somerset there are street carnivals at this time of year.

I dont know how you feel about commercial sites but a child friendly one that I do know of with decent facilities, clean toilets and showers and hardstanding pitches available is Holiday Resort Unity in Brean, Somerset. I think their website is http/ www.hru.co.uk

Hope this helps

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
p.s.

The site is open all year round I think but there is both childrens and adult entertainment there until mid November

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Roger,

Could you let us know what part of the country you are living in and how far you are prepared to travel and then we should be able to help you.

Maureen

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
My appologies , would have helped to give you an idea of where we want to go.

We're in the Midlands and travelling distance is really a problem, ideally would like to get down to Cornwall , but Devon , Dorset or that part of the world would be OK.

Bottom line dont really mind , just need to plan for rubbish weather and have lots of ideas for keeping number 1 son entertained

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Roger,

I've just been looking at the Caravan Club Book titled Autumn & Winter Touring.

1.Hillhead Holiday park Brixham shuts 7 Jan 2008.

2.Dornafield,Newton Abbot shuts 5 jan.

3.Carnon Downs,Truro Open all year

4.Bristol,Baltic Wharf " " "

These are just a few.We have been to Chester Fairoaks Site

which is open all year.Short drive to the zoo/ Park & Ride for the town of Chester.The site is next to a huge outlet village and there is a Deep Sea World place there as well.

How about Chatsworth Park....very popular with families....4 Jan.

The Cotswolds also have quite a few sites open.

You've got loads of choice......but a decision as to the area which you would like to visit. I hope this helps you,as each year the number of sites staying open is increasing.

Maureen

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Roger,

I've just been looking at the Caravan Club Book titled Autumn & Winter Touring.

1.Hillhead Holiday park Brixham shuts 7 Jan 2008.

2.Dornafield,Newton Abbot shuts 5 jan.

3.Carnon Downs,Truro Open all year

4.Bristol,Baltic Wharf " " "

These are just a few.We have been to Chester Fairoaks Site

which is open all year.Short drive to the zoo/ Park & Ride for the town of Chester.The site is next to a huge outlet village and there is a Deep Sea World place there as well.

How about Chatsworth Park....very popular with families....4 Jan.

The Cotswolds also have quite a few sites open.

You've got loads of choice......but a decision as to the area which you would like to visit. I hope this helps you,as each year the number of sites staying open is increasing.

Maureen
Roger, just to add onto Maureens post, Dornafield and Carnon Downs are both quality sites. Have stayed at Carnon Downs near Truro 4/5 times and Dornafied once to date but will be going back again this xmas

Both areas are very noce and have lots to do and see

Kevin H

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts