Umwelt Plakette

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The cheapest way is to obtain it once you have arrived in Germany. You can purchase one for 5€ at any TÜV testing station and at many car dealers. It may be a little more expensive if it's for a foreign-registered car. The TÜV website quotes 12.50€, but with a little bit of luck, a car dealer may not be aware of this and may sell you a sticker at the same price as for a German registered car. I'd at least give it a try. All you need is the V5c certificate so that the emissions level of the car in question can be correctly identified and you can be issued with the right sticker.
Here's a link for further information:
http://www.tuev-nord.de/SID-09B7882A-392CCEBC/de/verkehr/ENGLISH_Low_Emission_Zone_8648.htm
Of course, you can order one before you leave, but that will cost you extra.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You might wish to try here https://www.berlin.de/labo/kfz/dienstleistungen/feinstaubplakette.shop.en.php as I am sure I only paid €6 for mine. You don't need one if you are just using the autobahn or not going into the towns and cities mentioned in the link given by Lutz but you could be caught out if you take a wrong turning! . We have just got back for an 8 week trip to Germany's Baltic coast and on the way back we came through the industrial belt through Dortmund/Essen and whilst you did not need it for the motorway at every junction there were signs warning you that once off the motorway you were in the Umwelt zone. For such a small outlay its worth having the peace of mind.

David

Feb 25, 2008
Visit site
I obtained an Umwelt Plackette from a TUv station in Guntzberg in May. It was quite simple and, as has already been said, it cost 5 euro's.
I took along the registration document ( you have to carry it in the car on the Continent anyway) but the engineer only glanced at it.
He also personally fixed it on the windscreen in the proper place so that the cameras could see it. His words not mine.
My car is an 09 plate Mondeo diesel.
I now am the proud possessor of a green disc which I hope will stay stuck on for the life of the car.
Michael-Derbyshire

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
They are usually well signposted, often with words "TÜV Kfz-Prüfstelle" or "TÜV Kraftfahrzeugprüfstelle".
Ask any local driver or petrol station attendant and he will know where the nearest one is. Often they are located close to where one would also expect lots of car dealers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts