Uncomfortable bed

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The bed in our motorhome is rather lumpy and uneven. We were thinking of getting some foam, or a mattress topper, but it would need to be the right size and to roll up during the day. Has anyone any experience of this problem, and a successful solution? Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Ann,

Tockfield in Derbyshire make new bunks, cutains. mattreses for caravans and motorhomes. They use Reflex foam which comes in aout 7 degress of firmness, and is guaranteed for 7 years. We have used them over many years. In fact when we buy a new caravan we take it to Tockfield and have the inside of the bunks replaced with our choice of Reflex Foam. My wife has Reflex 500 in her bunk and i have Reflex 600 in my side.

They have a C.L. at the factory with electric hook up and loos. Don't be put off by the word factory as the factory is in the countryside next to a golf course.

You can try the different firmness of the foams in the reception area.

They advertise in the Caravan Club magazine.

Hamer

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
After another uncomfortable weekend away I'm looking at buying a mattress topper. Replacing the seats is just far too expensive and not worth it for us.

Problem is I'm sort of reluctant to pay out

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi, before splashing out on a topper, try putting a duvet over your matress, and trying that for comfort. We always do this, and storing two duvets away during the day may be easier than a matress topper. If you are still intereated in a topper try T. J. Hughes,(dont know if they have a web site, sorry) if you have one near you, I have seen them in there, and at a reanosable prise. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts