Undelivered goods - advice on next step

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You kept that quiet at Waterrow Steve!

Oh dear .
I realise you cannot name the Company but is it possible to post the contract document with names removed. This will give the guys on here a better understanding and enable further comments that may assist. I fully endorse the guidance given so far.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The site was recommended by Which Consumer magazine and the website was a UK site. If I had known the goods were coming from China I would not have bothered.
After I had paid it came up with the message that goods would be coming from Hong Kong and twould take 3 weeks. There was no way that I could cancel. I have since raised a complaint with Which.
Another good reason to try and avoid goods from China. As it turned out the one unit did not fit properly, but we cannot return it. Not worth the hassle and cost as they were only a tiny fraction of the price paid by Parksy.

It is not unusual for UK websites to be used for Chinese or other foreign goods. Possibly the clue can be in the price as it sounds as if it was simply too low to be made over here. I am afraid due to this sort of problem I am very wary of web sites I do not know, although I admit a Which recommendation would certainly influence me.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You kept that quiet at Waterrow Steve!

Oh dear .
I realise you cannot name the Company but is it possible to post the contract document with names removed. This will give the guys on here a better understanding and enable further comments that may assist. I fully endorse the guidance given so far.
There is no contract as such, their website advertises their clothing, you make an appointment to be measured up, and after the measurements have been recorded the guy sits with you and discusses your requirements, such as cloth, colour, single or double breasted etc
After a design is agreed, payment is made, a receipt issued and the guy tells you to expect your garments in the next 8 weeks.
It's a verbal contract backed up by their website which shows completion times as per my earlier screenshot.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The absence of a written contract is not a major problem here. The payment made will mean a contract is in force although as there is not anything in writing the courts would assume the standard they apply. Basically the item ordered must be produced to the specification agreed, to an acceptable standard and within a reasonable time if no firm timescale is agreed. Here you have an anticipated date which while it is not required to meet this sets an approximate time for delivery. This time has clearly gone and so putting setting a last acceptable date is needed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts