Unusual sites.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Having survived the New Forest, our next trip is a month down Kernow way. After that I have nothing planned as Herr Indoors mentioned yesterday. It got me thinking that Im getting a bit bored with CC sites, all same old same old.

C&CC sites will be pretty similar I guess with the added bonus of the thirty quid argos tent brigade added to the mix.

So looking for something out the ordinary, what is the most unusual site you have stayed on.

Please note that I do not DO Abba or Star Trek conventions.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
One site we stayed at in France some years ago had the various nationalities all in different lines and even managed to get the same makes into the same areas. We were in a corner with our Coachman Mirage with an identical one next to us and a third one that was an identical layout but slightly longer. We did all see the joke but if you came back after too much to drink it could be confusing.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi, you have been on one, you have been on them all, B) every site big or small club or private, same old same old, same vans same people same antics. most unusual site, about 14 years a go while touring Wales came across a small site in the middle of nowhere along a small stream, one that time had forgot, think the last visitors they had was back in the 70's even had cobwebs on the water pipe :whistle: parked up and stayed there for 4 days until the food ran out and we got fed up of eating trout, :S, the best most relaxing 4 days ever spent on a site, :lol: no noise just the water running in the stream, the wind in the trees and the bird song dawn to dusk, oh and price was 70's too £3 a night or £20 for the week, always said we would go back but never did, probably would not be able to find it again anyway.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Rivendale is interesting as you are in a horseshoe shaped quarry with vertical walls a hundred feet high. The term 'rock pegs' has a whole new meaning. :evil: :whistle:

Yes you are right only place i have had to drill a hole into the bed rock to help the rock pegs ....

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Rivendale is a bit close to home for me. Im only a few mins away from there. Grin Low is another old quarry one.

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
In 1984 when I was camping with parents they stayed at Trentham gardens near Stoke on Trent. This had to be the best camping weekend site ever. The bloke who owned it at the time also owned Alton Towers. On this campsite for some reason were some of the rides. A ferris wheel, a rollercoaster, octopus and maybe a kids carosel all next to the club house.

For the adults there was the beautiful garden, lake and statues. It was like a mini amusement park attached to a campsite all for the cost of the pitch.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We once stayed on a site that I won't name, but it was also still in the 1970s. At least the toilet block, the pot wash and the showers were. It was no where near as nice as the one Colin described. The owner had daisy chained cables together to provide hook ups. The electric was extra though and you had to put a card into this impromptu fuse box to make it work. The owner was an octogenarian lady who was totally eccentric but very helpful. She needed to be as the hook up to our van failed and the staff dispatched her to sort it. She summoned me into her Land Rover and drove me at breakneck speed up to the office to get another card and the back down the field again. I am not sure if it was the countryside or my life that was flashing before me the fastest. She then bellowed instructions at me through the Land Rover window on how to reset this dodgy box. The opportunities for instaneous death appeared legion. I would never go back but the whole experience was so surreal we could only laugh.
Mel

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
We were on a site 2 years ago in Loire Valley, beautiful spot near the river, 2 mins walk to a lovely village. It was their first season and we were their first customers so got a free bottle of wine on arrival. We were there for 3 nights, by ourselves, no other caravans or motorhomes, it was lovely. I can't remember the name of the site but I hope business has picked up for them.

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Years ago we took our Sprite Musketeer down to a site in the South Hams, Karageen I think it was called, near Hope Cove.
It was terraced and everyone seemed to be pitched in the top left hand corner so we pitched on the middle terrace with the shade of a tree overhanging from the field adjoining.
Early next morning we discovered why no one was pitched there, the field we were up against was home to a donkey sanctuary!.
Blimey they make a row!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts