Update on His Windyship

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well it's now the 21st and we are still in the caravan. My daughter exchanged contracts on their new house yesterday afternoon, the 20th. Unfortunately its too late now to have the carpets laid that they'd paid for because the fitters haven't a slot until after Xmas. They were fortunate to get the removals people today though, that was the good news. The bad news was when they went to get her furniture out of storage the storage company told them they were closing at 1pm until next Thursday and whatever they hadn't got out by then, tough.The good news was they managed to load the van up with most of their belongings but the bad news was most of it, including the settee, had been damaged by mice. They killed one in the container. The bad news was they couldnt make it back to the storers before 1pm for the rest so asked me to go and plead with them to stay open a little longer. My pleas fell on deaf ears, even after explaining it was spoiling Christmas for not just them and the grandchildren but also us because it was stopping us from going home. By now I had getting a little frustrated and told them its no wonder the country is going down the Swannee with twopenny outfits like them operating. I also told him that its no wonder the country is being overrun by immigrants who can do a better job for half the cost of them. He was adamant the gates would be shut at 1pm and if I'm still there I would be too, until the following Thursday. I then told him I hoped he would have a nice Christmas and choke on a chicken bone. The good news was that my son-in-law rang the boss, who after a lot of hassle agreed to open up to let them fetch the rest. He told them that I'd threatened his son which I hadn't because I was sooooo proud of myself that I'd not resorted to that and held my temper. There was more good news when they took their belongings into their new house, they caught two more mice, the bad news is they don't know if any escaped. By coincidence, this lying obnoxious git (owners son) was found guilty last week of causing the death of a 26 year old female by careless driving, it also it turned out Her Ladyship knows his mother well. It's a small world. Life comes cheap though, no jail, he was banned for 2 years with £3000 costs. We've booked into the CL until the 26th so it looks like a microwave Korma for Christmas Day - hehheh!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
I thought I was reading a script for a Panto, Hope you get it all sorted, and congratulations on being so PC by having an Indian round for Christmas.

Best Wishes

Val & Frank

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello my good chap nice to see your back.

Hope you son in law sues the ass of the scum bags for the mice attack.

hope xmas isnt too bad, funny thing is we cant wait to go away in the van tomarow fo xmas, but i guess if we had been living in it for a few months we would not be looking forward to it.

Have a good one

Kevin H

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B

What a sorry state of affairs. Can they claim for rodent damage on the company's insurance?

Hope they and you manage to have a decent Christmas.

Lisa x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If that's not all, what about your own trials, L.B. It's not exactly easy to pack the caravan away on short notice. First there's the aqua roll to empty, then the awning to come down, draw bridge to go up and moat to be drained and that's just the beginning. Lets not forget the stocks to be cleaned, the court jester to be paid, and land taxes to be collected!

In all seriousness (for once) I hope it all gets fixed OK and on time, me Lord. Hope you have a great New Years too.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Sorry state of affairs these days when folk can't put themselves out for just a few hours when you've put yourselves out for weeks to enable your family to undertake the move.

Seems like the mice had a hearty chistmas party!! hope he is insured well and not with some "cheesey" firm like *&* as we know them in caravan land.

Of coarse if they employ the slick lawyer that got death by reckless driving reduced to careless driving, then you may well get a sewing kit for christmas and a night class on furniture stuffing.

On the bright side of things at least Broad street and the cathedral had it's customary white christmas curtosy of Bulmers. I know the Bulmers spokes person denied it but for years it's been a known fact that in certain wintery conditions their cooling stacks enable a fake snow cloud to blanket Hereford for a 3/4 mile radius of the plant.

Being an ex Wiggin apprentice of the late 70's I've seen enough of them and been told how they are made by the maintainence staff at the plant.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good christmas and a happy new year.

Steve L

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

hope xmas isnt too bad, funny thing is we cant wait to go away in the van tomarow fo xmas, but i guess if we had been living in it for a few months we would not be looking forward to it.

Have a good one

Kevin H
Actually Kevin, after a few hours at home with 4 adults and 4 children living in our bungalow I'm actually pleased to get back to the caravan and my little spread in the country - hehheh! We've been gone so long now (since September) that when referring about going back to the caravan we call it home. Although it will be nice for my daughter and family to finally get their own home I

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

Have a good one

Kevin H
....oops misclicked and posted b4 I'd finished....... I will miss the caravan :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I thought I was reading a script for a Panto, Hope you get it all sorted, and congratulations on being so PC by having an Indian round for Christmas.

Best Wishes

Val & Frank
I wouldn't have minded a Chinese either Frank - at least Indians and Chinese integrate into British life ;O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B

What a sorry state of affairs. Can they claim for rodent damage on the company's insurance?

Hope they and you manage to have a decent Christmas.

Lisa x
Thank you Lisa, hope you have a Merry Christmas and many of them :O)

Regarding the insurance when I informed this cretin about the damage his words were .. "and - what do you expect me to do about it .. they have insurance". I'm not the best for controlling my temper and if it wasn't for the fact Her Ladyship and my youngest grandchild was with me I think he would have ended up in A& E having his head sewn back on. I'm not proud of myself in one respect though, I actually swore (4 letter word) in front of my wife, something I never do :O(

It was when i said "I hope you have a nice Christmas and choke on a ******* turkey bone".

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If that's not all, what about your own trials, L.B. It's not exactly easy to pack the caravan away on short notice. First there's the aqua roll to empty, then the awning to come down, draw bridge to go up and moat to be drained and that's just the beginning. Lets not forget the stocks to be cleaned, the court jester to be paid, and land taxes to be collected!

In all seriousness (for once) I hope it all gets fixed OK and on time, me Lord. Hope you have a great New Years too.
No problems Lol, I open the drawbridge and theres enough hot air comes out of the van from Her Ladyship to dry the awning. The moat is frozen and I haven't been filling the Aqua Roll of late (because the taps on site are frozen too- hehheh!)

I was on jury service last week and I was telling my fellow jurors that I had given orders for the stocks to have a lick of paint and I'd found my black cap for sentencing. Some Court Ushers have no sense of humour though :O(

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry state of affairs these days when folk can't put themselves out for just a few hours when you've put yourselves out for weeks to enable your family to undertake the move.

Seems like the mice had a hearty chistmas party!! hope he is insured well and not with some "cheesey" firm like *&* as we know them in caravan land.

Of coarse if they employ the slick lawyer that got death by reckless driving reduced to careless driving, then you may well get a sewing kit for christmas and a night class on furniture stuffing.

On the bright side of things at least Broad street and the cathedral had it's customary white christmas curtosy of Bulmers. I know the Bulmers spokes person denied it but for years it's been a known fact that in certain wintery conditions their cooling stacks enable a fake snow cloud to blanket Hereford for a 3/4 mile radius of the plant.

Being an ex Wiggin apprentice of the late 70's I've seen enough of them and been told how they are made by the maintainence staff at the plant.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good christmas and a happy new year.

Steve L
Steve, if you look in this weeks local rag you'll see the case I'm referring to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts