upgrade waste water pipes

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
can any one tell me the best way to upgrade my waste water system,

i have a bailey senator. waist pipes about 1" thick. when water is in sink it goes down slow.its the same for the shower & sink in the bathroom.whats the best thing to do. all pipes are clear of any obstruction.

thanxs to all those who reply

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are 2 alternatives to upgrade the ridiculous corrugated waste pipe fitted to most caravans.

Use domestic 32mm rigid waste pipe or source smooth-bore flexible waste pipe as used in some motorhomes.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Sharon,

First of all, before you replace everything, why not make sure that the pipe runs are as near vertical as possible, with nice smooth curves and no kinks.

You may need to adjust the length of sections of the ribbed pipe to remove dead sections.

In our Eriba Triton the blue plastic pipe from the sink and worktop to the waste bottle is almost in a straight line downwards, and the flow is perfectly OK. If we tip a small bucket of water into the sink, it's in the waste bottle in a few seconds.

Robert

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Sharon

We had similar problem with our caravan, namely that the pipes looked clear as waste water flowed out, but it was slow and would back up in our shower tray occasionally.

I used a plunger and a sink full of water and it cleared the system completely, you could also try something like Mr Muscle sink unblocker. What came out was a white-ish residue something akin to the water from rice or spaghetti but thicker.

After that the pipes were a clear as anything. What is interesting and may save you some money - our van has rigid plastic pipes and like others I would have thought it couldn't happen.

Regards Monkeys Husband

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
I have found that if all else is clear and the waste flow is slow, there is usually a U bend in the pipe where it exits the floor, underneath the van, its the turn to get the pipe back to the floor to secure it, the bigger the U the slower the flow, see if u can remove the bend, its always in the corrugated pipe and ive even fitted 90% bends to get rid of the problem.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
I would suggest you use a rigid pipe of a dia that suits and drop the sink straight down, and depending on layout, either come on a very gradual slope from the bathroom having T`d shower and wash basin and meet with a T in to sink outlet, or if this is not practical have a seperate outlet for the bathroom straight down to a seperate waste water tank, the slope is acheived by spacers placed between the van floor and the pipe clips. good luck Tony A.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts