Upsetting the neighbours

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I've brought my caravan over today, to wash tomorrow. I'm in a ground floor flat with a large layby outside which doesn't strictly belong to me, but I brought the caravan over on a wing and a prayer and luckily it was empty. I think there is actually a covenant against caravans on my (new build) street, but these things aren't worth the paper they are written on and it's only going to be there for a day any how.

However, I'm almost disappointed that noone has come to complain. I've had several responses planned ranging from "it'll be there for as long as I deem it necessary" to "I'm renting the flat out to refugees and I'm going to live out here in the 'van". Snooty cow over the road I think would probably prefer she didn't have social housing vermin living opposite. I wonder what she thought when I turned up with parent's Rottweiler who I'm looking after, shortly followed by a caravan. Just wants an old matteress and a knackered washing machine out the front to complete the stereotype... To be fair, I've never had a real conversation with "snooty cow" but I've always detected an experession of disdain on her face, especially when I turned up on her doorstep to let them know husband had left his van lights on. Looked truely horrified and bemused that this council flat urchin was on her door step.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Covenants don’t normally ban caravans, or commercial vehicles for such short periods. So it’s not surprising that no one has complained. But deliberately trying to provoke discord with others doesn't seem to make sense.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Play nicely gentlemen 🙂
I have to say though Chris, although I realise that your O.P. is tongue in cheek, snooty neighbours or not, you come across as a bit judgemental.
The aforementioned snooty bovine lady might not be able to help what she looks like, and although I no longer live in social housing, I was very glad of my council flat after my divorce.
The people who lived there were very kind, and not urchin-like at all.

Reactions: otherclive
Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Play nicely gentlemen 🙂
I have to say though Chris, although I realise that your O.P. is tongue in cheek, snooty neighbours or not, you come across as a bit judgemental.
Possibly. There are other reasons which make me find this person to be a bit up her self which I won't go on about. I just sometimes pick up a certain vibe off people, which may not always be correct. We all have our prejudices and I'm no exception. Maybe it's me who has a chip on my shoulder. Still, I emphasise the tongue in cheekness of the the OP!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
We seem to live in a world nowadays where folks simply can’t/won’t accept that their version of normality might not align with that of others. I just live in my own bubble of contempt and ignore the rest. Having been in a very dark place a few years ago I now cherish anything that keeps me happy and using a caravan is top of that list!

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a neighbour who trains agility Border Collies, ( badly) and as another neighbour states has had a " Charisma Lobotomy ". He never talks to anyone, to the point of Ignorance, the other day walking back from my local hostilely I met one of his dogs, I managed to get my dogs lead onto it and returned it to him with my dog walking lovely (for a change) beside me. He was shocked to see his dog with me, and since then he still doesn't say hello but does nod in recognition. I have only lived two doors away from him for 40 years.
Ps. His wife is very nice and always comes in for a Christmas Sherry.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a neighbour who trains agility Border Collies, ( badly) and as another neighbour states has had a " Charisma Lobotomy ". He never talks to anyone, to the point of Ignorance, the other day walking back from my local hostilely I met one of his dogs, I managed to get my dogs lead onto it and returned it to him with my dog walking lovely (for a change) beside me. He was shocked to see his dog with me, and since then he still doesn't say hello but does nod in recognition. I have only lived two doors away from him for 40 years.
Ps. His wife is very nice and always comes in for a Christmas Sherry.

Much as it pains me to admit, that’s what owning Border Collies does to you. But having Springers will put things back to normal. Well almost.

C00D090E-0976-4444-8528-A2A164E39805.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I've read a lot about Woosies on here! What exactly is a Woosie?
A daft bunch of Caravanners of various ages who like to have a drink over a weekend and longer, The Woosies tend NOT to like emptying the Honey bucket. And will go to no ends to get others to do it for them.
And to join need to prostrate themselves to having done something daft. ie, left a EHU cable behind, keys in a car with the dog or other things, or just be interested in a weekend or longer away.
I am still at present the Woosie King but looking to find a new King or Queen (of either birth sex) . I shall have to post on the Woosie thread again .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts