Urgent help needed - elctrics on van

May 11, 2006
Visit site
We have a new Swift Accord (Charisma). Going away on our 1st weekend but hubby having trouble with electrics. At which position should rocker switch on top car/van panel in wardrobe be at when set up. We have power going to van but hubby thinks it may still be running of battery. Light is on in fridge but doesn't seem to be getting cool and not making any noise - should it?

Thanks,

Liz.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Liz

the car setting is only if you wish to run the internal lights off the car battery when parked. to run the fridge on 12 volts set the switch to van, hitch up and start the car. the fridge 12v light will then come on.

So, set it to van and leave it there, 12 volt for the fridge does not cool quickly and no the fridge does not make a noise. Also, the fridge ONLY works on 12v when the car is running, if on site use 240v or gas the light is always 12v so will light even if the fridge is not cooling

Have a great holiday

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
We found out by trial and error, for the first 2 trips it was error and then we sorted it.

Well after another swift group owner pointed it out!

Steve

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
It worries me when I read tales like this one where the dealer has not performed their duties but were just happy to bank the cheque,they should be named and shamed as they do nothing to help the industry or more importantly all of us who buy caravans in good faith and expect in return a degree of professionalism.I have no desire to advertise but know that the dealer where i have bought my last caravans from have been highlighted several times as giving good service.They are Lowdhams ,Nottingham . When you collect your van it is connected to all services and they are all demonstrated at length and up to an hour can be taken especially for those new to the experience.In addition they use a computerised system to ensure towcar/caravan match and finally give you a video explaining all the various systems etc on your new purchase,here endeth the lesson that is only buy from good dealers.(Iam not nor have ever been connected to this dealer other than as a customer)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts