Use of sticky notes

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Use of sticky notes

Sticky notes seem to get added, and then they are left there for ages, often beyond a reasonable time.

Could I suggest the sticky notes are reviewed at the beginning of each month, with view to removing (or at least reverting them to normal notes) so the don't clutter the top of category pages.

There are some that deserve to remain permanently - such as the etiquette rules, and others that are of particular value such as the Calor Gas recall which should remain until Calor announce the recall has been closed.

But surely who can explain why mattress toppers became a sticky, and why is it still there?

And in the Chit Chat
Bailey Photography competition no longer shows the photo's and is now nearly 18 months old - shouldn't it be moved to the photography category?

And the Woosies are getting on a bit now do we still need the biography?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Long live the Woosies. ;)

As the thread is so long the sticky helps to say why. You could always join, Prof.

Sorry I'd be inadmissable, I dont make miss tacks :unsure: :angry: :unsure: :huh: :sick: :blink: :side: :S :evil: :pinch: ................

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Use of sticky notes

Sticky notes seem to get added, and then they are left there for ages, often beyond a reasonable time.

Could I suggest the sticky notes are reviewed at the beginning of each month, with view to removing (or at least reverting them to normal notes) so the don't clutter the top of category pages.

Apologies, I've been rather busy of late with family matters Prof.
My partners brother has been stricken with Alzheimer's and is now in a care home over an hours drive from us, his children live in Cornwall, his wife who also lives quite a distance away is very ill and doesn't drive, so the time I've had available for the computer has been severely limited of late. :(
I normally use the Recent Topics tab to see what's been happening and to make any adjustments necessary but of course this doesn't reveal older topics or sticky posts which do need to be reviewed from time to time.
I've un-stickied one or two of the more obvious outdated sticky's, we try not to delete unless we really have to but hopefully these ex sticky's will now descend down their respective message boards as normal topics in the fullness of time.
If forum members identify other sticky's which are no longer relevant I'd be grateful if you'd let me know and I'll have a look at them. :)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Use of sticky notes

There are some that deserve to remain permanently - such as the etiquette rules, and others that are of particular value such as the Calor Gas recall which should remain until Calor announce the recall has been closed.

But surely who can explain why mattress toppers became a sticky, and why is it still there?

And in the Chit Chat
Bailey Photography competition no longer shows the photo's and is now nearly 18 months old - shouldn't it be moved to the photography category?

And the Woosies are getting on a bit now do we still need the biography?[/quote
I thought you were talking about "Post-its"...................]

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
emmerson said:

Dam it! Your right Emmerson, :eek:hmy: Its those pesky 3M post its my wife sticks on the computer, telling me to get some new mattress toppers, now I'm sure there was a thread about them somewhere, perhaps Parksy could fix it to the top of a category or something??? ;)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
emmerson said:

Dam it! Your right Emmerson, :eek:hmy: Its those pesky 3M post its my wife sticks on the computer, telling me to get some new mattress toppers, now I'm sure there was a thread about them somewhere, perhaps Parksy could fix it to the top of a category or something??? ;)
:lol: I think its called lateral thinking!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts