Used Caravan Priceguide !!!!"!

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I have owned all sorts of cars and motorcycles over the years and it is now very easy to pop online and enter model year and mileage and get the current used value you could expect to pay. Why then in 2006 is it such a closed shop with regards caravans dealers and pricing. I suspect that I have just answered my own question with the phrases closed shop, dealers and pricing all together. Does anyone know of any accurate price guide available because there seems to be a massive price differential from trade in values and what you see on the forecourts for sale. Do dealers really make that much on a van and if so why has virgin or one of these other companies burst the market wide open. After all if you know what van you want why not buy online like a car.

G

There is a Glass's Guide for caravans evidently but is only available to the trade. Your comments are understood but the market for caravans is slightly different from that for cars and so does work slightly differently. There is a huge market for cars and a huge supply, so pricing is easier for the layman to follow. There is also a tendency for mainstream dealers to 'decant' trade ins to either other independent dealers, or to auction. They don't hold them for too long. Caravans tend to sell on a seasonal basis, namely Springtime etc and so a dealer may hold stock for quite a long time, so naturally he needs to cover the costs, and yes, he would like to make a profit. That is why he is in business.

You can get an idea of what your van will be worth by looking at both forecourts and the private ads in the various journals. You can also just put it up for sale, and if there is interest, negotiate. If no interest, you may need to lower your price.

G

As posted recently our kids bought a new 2006 van this year, a van that had sadly never left the owners home. The offer his wife had over the phone were a joke from dealers.

Maybe some dealers look after regular Customers but another family member saw a Lunar for sale at a dealers for

TRENDING THREADS