Used MH Dilemma

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Adde this to an old thread which I suddenly realised was a year ols.

Just spent about a month looking for a used 4 berth mh. After talking to a neighbour on a campsite last year we had decided to concentrate on european build as the build quality is supposedly better. Seen all the bad press for Autotrail and heard lots of stories about Swift etc. What worrying me is the prices - £25k -£30k for 2008/9, and that's in the winter! Looking at A class low line. The donor vehicle is 10/11 years old. If I keep it for 5-10 years what will it be like and worth?
So looked at hire in stead- we would only use it Spring and Autumn, about £100 per night with unlimited mileage. So about £3k per year. Seems better than watching my money dissolve on the drive. Maybe a time share like with a canal boat would be possible?

Moderator Note: Graham, as you realised that the original post was to a topic last used in 2010 and have posted this as a "new" topic , I have removed the duplicate post from the old topic.
I hope you are OK with this.
Damian

Last edited by a moderator:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Graham. Good to see some posting on the MH section of this forum. Can’t really help on a depreciation estimate, although an older vehicle in good condition will obviously depreciate less than a newer one. Unfortunately for you many of the folks on here are Caravanners so I will get in before they do. :) Have you considered a Caravan. Much less initial outlay and lots of space and convenience advantages. :unsure:
Good luck in your deliberations.
mel

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I had two caravans, both from new. The first leaked from day one and I persisted with it for 5 years before admitting defeat. The second cracked a rear panel after two years which was replaced under warranty and then cracked again after a year and was repaired under warranty. Gave up on them after that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts