Username Change Requests

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That was quick Mr admin!
If you can merge the pair into my original gary, (currently Drgary), one please, that makes username just plain gary with small g, then I'll be forever in your debt :)

PS, I only need one account so get rid of anything else

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
gary said:
That was quick Mr admin!
If you can merge the pair into my original, currently Drgary, one please and make username just plain gary with small g, I'll be forever in your debt :)

PS, I only need one account so get rid of anything else

Right, I think I've done everything needed to set up your account as gary and combined the posts.

Let me know if you're having issues!

Also I think I've realised what's up with RogerL's account too and will mail him outside of here to try and get that resolved!

Cheers

Col

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That looks good Col, one tiny issue for perfection, that is you don't appear to have combined the post count? so I seem to have lost the 230? odd posts of the more recent gary :( but hay-ho

And good about Roger as well, never good to lose an elder statesmen :whistle:

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
gary said:
That looks good Col, one tiny issue for perfection, that is you don't appear to have combined the post count? so I seem to have lost the 230? odd posts of the more recent gary :( but hay-ho:

When I looked at it, you had 1050 ish as Drgary and 230 ish as gary which combined to your currently reported post count of 1280 ish. So I think all is correct there, but let me quickly check the old forum db to confirm... yup, seems there were 2 started topics and 1258 replies on the old forum (combined value for both accounts), so 1260 in total, which seems to tally. Hope that fits with your view too!

Cheers

Col

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I thought I'd give the new forum a look using my old user name, wouldn't let me log in, I've had to re register using the same user name but with a different email address - why is that, and what's happened with all my posts/threads I've contributed to the forum over the years? :unsure:

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Wendy-Norfolk said:
Hi, I thought I'd give the new forum a look using my old user name, wouldn't let me log in, I've had to re register using the same user name but with a different email address - why is that, and what's happened with all my posts/threads I've contributed to the forum over the years? :unsure:

Right, looked back over some old threads and I come up with the user name I am posting with on here - if you see what I mean? How can I change back to my old user name?

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
i have never had a more frustating time than trying to login to this site.
i also have had to change my email address and username plus my browser.
i need a drink now to lower my blood pressure

Steve.

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
Hi Wendy,

That should be your account sorted now I think (and I reattributed your posts above to the same account - apologies it now looks a bit like you're talking to yourself!

Sorry for the problems, but hopefully it's all plain sailing from now on.

Steve, sorry you've had problems. Can you let me know what your previous username or email was and I'll see about getting it restored too?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It appears that my account has migrated into two accounts, one as Lutz1 with my existing email address and containing all my old posts and another as Lutz with an old email address which I had years ago, is no longer valid and can't be changed to the existing address. Can't Lutz be deleted and Lutz1 renamed as Lutz?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I thought the new look forum was a way forward but until they sort out the login issue, I don't think I will bother any longer with the forum even though I have been a member for over 8 years. Pity as I will miss some of the people that contribute interesting threads.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
I thought the new look forum was a way forward but until they sort out the login issue, I don't think I will bother any longer with the forum even though I have been a member for over 8 years. Pity as I will miss some of the people that contribute interesting threads.

It's the same for all of us Surfer, this forum is miles better than the old model and there are bound to be glitches that need fixing.
Please try to be patient and the problems will be resolved
dummyspit_zps19ec23a7.jpg

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
hi my original username was the doog, and the email was redacted for privacy
Does this new forum work with Google Chrome?

Steve.

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
Surfer said:

Yeah the login timeout is definitely on my list! I've increased the timeout for now, but the real solution is to ensure the login is persised in a cookie. It's non-trivial to implement due to the different systems invovled here, but I've got soemthing half-complete that still needs further testing before deployment. Rest assured we'll have something out soon that will resolve this (hopefully tomorrow if my todo-list stays as it is currently!)

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
Lutz said:
It appears that my account has migrated into two accounts, one as Lutz1 with my existing email address and containing all my old posts and another as Lutz with an old email address which I had years ago, is no longer valid and can't be changed to the existing address. Can't Lutz be deleted and Lutz1 renamed as Lutz?

Sorry for the delay, but that should be your account all fixed up and restored to normality! Please do let me know if there is anything still amiss!

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
Hi Steve,

Apologies for the delay.

thedoog1 said:
hi my original username was the doog, and the email was redacted for privacy

So I've had a hunt through and your existing account was migrated but the username is now "Thedoog" (as opposed to "The doog" before (i.e. the space has been squashed). You should be able to login with either your @btinternet.com email and previous password or with "Thedoog" as the username and the previous password). If this doesn't work, you can either use the password reset facility, or just let me know and I'll reset it manually.

If you could confirm this works OK for you, I'll see about reattributing any posts from "thedoog1" to "Thedoog".

thedoog1 said:
Does this new forum work with Google Chrome?

Yeah it should work fine. I've been using the Forum in a variety of browsers here. I've made posts from recent version of Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

If there are any problems that seem to be browser specific, then please let us know (perhaps the Feedback link at the right hand side is most appropriate) and we'll try and get them resolved.

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
cguthrie said:
Surfer said:

Yeah the login timeout is definitely on my list! I've increased the timeout for now, but the real solution is to ensure the login is persised in a cookie. It's non-trivial to implement due to the different systems invovled here, but I've got soemthing half-complete that still needs further testing before deployment. Rest assured we'll have something out soon that will resolve this (hopefully tomorrow if my todo-list stays as it is currently!)

Decided to stay a little bit late in the office and try and knock this one on the head!

I've now rolled out an option to remember the login when you sign in. Obviously this shouldn't be used when you're in an Internet cafe or some other public place as the next person using the machine after you may inherit your login! But on your home PC or similar, it should be perfectly safe.

I've tested it quite thoroughly, but if there are any issues :whistle:, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Cheers

Col

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
thankyou i can now login again with thedoog as my username as before.
The problem i had with chrome was when to register as a new user the captcha text box was blank.

Steve

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
Thedoog said:
thankyou i can now login again with thedoog as my username as before.
The problem i had with chrome was when to register as a new user the captcha text box was blank.

Great! Glad your cooking on gas again! The issue with the blank captcha was also fixed on Monday (too strict rules for allowed URLs), so hopefully people can register again!

Thanks again for your patience! The snags list is decreasing every day! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts