Van Is Bought/Return To UK.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Well guys as some of you may already be aware we are returning back to the UK in 2012 so that Pat can be nearer her aged mother plus be with our eldest daughter.
Have just bought the van and the relatives are collecting it from Serenity Caravans in Bristol this coming Saturday.
We settled for a 2003 Coachman Amara 5005 in immaculate condition with fitted Motormover and Awning and good price @ 5795 so all i need to do now is find a decent tug to pull it, still thinking of the 2002 plus VW Passat Estate or the Citroen C5 Estate both with the turbo diesel engines, your views would be appreciated.
Have bought the van well in advance thinking prices may have been a little cheaper in the winter as we will not be back until May 2012 but the van will be secured at my daughters property and protected with a cover etc for the winter months.
Cant wait to see the van in May,****** seems like an eternity away, have arranged insurance cover through Caravan Guard Insurance which is with Sun Alliance, anyone had any dealings with said company ?
Can anyone advise if it is worth joining The Caravan Club.
Looking forward to once again being a part of the British Caravanning fraternity.

Regards

Tony

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Auspom said:
Can anyone advise if it is worth joining The Caravan Club.
Regards
Tony
The Caravan Club offers a wide range of facilities, not all of which appeal to each caravanner.
I'm a member to gain access to their CL network of about 2,500 small 5-van sites run by their individual landowners, access to their caravan insurance scheme and access to their car/caravan breakdown/recovery service.
Others join to get the magazine, use their 200+ larger club sites, access to local centre rallies, foreign tour booking arrangements, or access to affinity credit cards or loans.
Use it for whatever "floats your boat" and ignore the rest.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy the Coachman once you're back!! As far as the cars go I can't comment as both too light for our van as far as CC or indeed CCC are concerned very very rarely use their sites but extensively use the networks of CL's and CS's. If you are into rallying then either of those clubs and also the Coachman Owners club.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts