van prices

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Yesterday i went to my local dealer to have a look around. I picked up the Lunar booklet and saw once again a big price increase in the Delta Ti , now its £24'395, then i looked at the small print, £495 for delivery , this included delivery from the factory and aditional checks carried out prior to reciept of your new van. This makes the van £24'890 not £24.395. So, its 95 miles most on the M6 to the dealer, no way thats £495 and as for the checks before you collect it , seems they have no confidence in the van they are sending if it has then to be checked by the dealer. No way will i buy a new van again, i'll get one thats had all the faults fixed first. At this amount of money it should be perfect !! NO CHANCE.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
All the caravan makers charge around £500 for delivery, it's not based on distance - I agree it's stupid as it's not an optional charge - like cars, all caravans need PDI before handing over to customer but not all dealers do the PDI as thoroughly as others..
Discounts are currently running at about 10%, even with a properly priced part exchange so the real cost is "only" about £22,400.
Caravan owners, like me who buy new caravans and get all the problems sorted then hang on to them - so don't imagine for one minute that used vans have been sorted - it's the real basket cases that get traded in early.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I know it's impossible but I'd love to know the cost breakdown of a new caravan
materials
labour
dealer markup
smiley-kiss.gif

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do wonder if the carvan manufacturers have joined the rest of the retail trade who simply list high fictional retail prices so the item can then been shown for sale at a substantial saving on list price! Our nearest Lunar dealer certainly advertises a discount on all its stock including other makes.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
This must be one of the worlds most guarded secrets. If everybody refused to buy a new van next year the manufacturers may have to re think their prices. But that will never happen because you will always have the snobs who have to out do everybody else with their new van. Glad they can afford the repayments !!!.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Caravan list prices have become irrelevant this year, sales are down over the year as a whole and not all manufacturers had a good NEC show - the ones who did were adjusting their actual prices to match the amounts customers are prepared to pay in order to keep production and turnover going.
When you look at the big picture of consumer products, very few if any are sold at list price - cars are the big con with vastly inflated list prices yet HMRC uses them to tax the benefit-in-kind for company cars.

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Graham Derby said:
Yesterday i went to my local dealer to have a look around. I picked up the Lunar booklet and saw once again a big price increase in the Delta Ti , now its £24'395, then i looked at the small print, £495 for delivery , this included delivery from the factory and aditional checks carried out prior to reciept of your new van. This makes the van £24'890 not £24.395. So, its 95 miles most on the M6 to the dealer, no way thats £495 and as for the checks before you collect it , seems they have no confidence in the van they are sending if it has then to be checked by the dealer. No way will i buy a new van again, i'll get one thats had all the faults fixed first. At this amount of money it should be perfect !! NO CHANCE.
When fixing delivery prices you have to work out the insurance & road tax costs for the delivery vehicles (the bigger the lorry the more tax & insurance which could be several thousand pounds) the drivers wages from the time he leaves the factory till the time he gets back, then the fuel costs. Our pumping appliances return on average 1 ltr per mile, so it can soon rack up

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I stand by what I said in the previous similar thread, the cost to change is the more important figure rather than the list price and glasses guide. The cost to change in 2007 was more than 2010 and the cost to change for our 2013 on order is less again so the real cost to change has, for us been coming down each time over the last few years. We wouldn't of changed this year if the price hadn't been right and the decision to change has nothing to do with van snobbery and not all of us that change regularly, do so on finance. Oh no delivery charge as part of coachman's show deal at Lawns.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Graham Derby said:
Yesterday i went to my local dealer to have a look around. I picked up the Lunar booklet and saw once again a big price increase in the Delta Ti , now its £24'395, then i looked at the small print, £495 for delivery , this included delivery from the factory and aditional checks carried out prior to reciept of your new van. This makes the van £24'890 not £24.395. So, its 95 miles most on the M6 to the dealer, no way thats £495 and as for the checks before you collect it , seems they have no confidence in the van they are sending if it has then to be checked by the dealer. No way will I buy a new van again, i'll get one thats had all the faults fixed first. At this amount of money it should be perfect !! NO CHANCE.
We wait until about January and then go looking for the previous year's caravan and the knock down prices are outstanding! We had about £5000 grand knocked off the price on a 2011 Delta TI. We looked at the new Delta TI, but noticed that the shower door was now a one piece. Unfortunately I am slightly overweight and cannot fit between the wall and the open door as the door comes up against the wash basin leaving a small gap. Even my wife who is quite slim can only just get past the door.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
why is most van prices are much the same when you have areas like where Micheal Jordans near Dorking are the cost of land is sky high and so are the wages rents and rates , in fact i have found Jordans prices cheaper than where we live in Wales , where land is cheap and so are the site rents , and the wages are much lower , or do the welsh have a larger profit margin , a few years back when built an extension on our Bungalow i had roof trusses made and i got them a 3rd cheaper from England and it was 160 mile delivery

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts