van tyres over winter.

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Any tips what to do with the van tyres over winter. We keep it on a concrete drive and there is an alloy wheel alco lock on the one. I've heard that people take the wheels off .brian

Jan 9, 2006
Visit site
hi brian if you leave your van standing on your tyres try to move your van about regularly or you will get a flat spot on them i was advised by a tyre fitter to take them of in winter ,wash in warm soapy water let half of the air out and store out of frost in shed or van and they will last years longer.if left on van expect to change them every three years.the frost is the killer.

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian

I removed my wheels and sat my van on heavy duty axle stands,also this takes the weight of the chassis.

I checked with my insurer of van to see if it was ok to do this as they request they have a hitch lock and wheel clamp fitted and it was fine to do this.

regards mark

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Brian

Whatever you decide to do, ensure you get the OK from your insurer.

I purchased security wheels as I intended removing my wheels over the winter, fitting the security wheels which are just metal plates which you can lock. They cost me around

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
I agree with emmerson. Don't bother with spare wheels and winter wheels. Use the caravan. Plenty of good sites open all year round.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
I put my stands on the axle cross tube just inboard of the chassis, my wheels go in the garage and kept at the correct pressure. Taking the weight off the rubber suspension is recomended by AL-KO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts