vango 280 air awning

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
to correct last post has anyone got this awning and can you position the air pole against a window .hope this makes sense thanks

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Im pretty sure, looking at the pictures of the vango that its like all the other air awnings and doesnt have a rear air pole. The beams to use the correct term come out from the awing rail, over the top and down the front with some sort of cross member centrally in the awing. At the rear is a thick bumper pad, you can add a steel pole to these on some models and these pads are pulled tight against the van by the pegging system. Even many of the old porches were of this type of construction.

To answer your question, though not ideal as the windows scratch easily, i guess most of us have had to do this at one time or another. I have just bought the Kampa 390 because I wanted a large size and almost certainly part of my window will be covered by the bumber pad.

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi There ,

We have the 420 version of this awning , and as stated above it does not have rear air poles against the van.

What it does have is aluminium poles that go down each end of the awining ( its an option ) sometimes we use them sometimes not - it does make the fit to the van a bit snugger

The problem with the aluminium poles over the window is that if your windows protrudes out from the van side - as most do - the pole sticks out further than you would want at the bottom because there is a pocket at the top of the awning that the pole goes into and that is close to the van sidewall.

That said it is the best awning we have ever had and when they make a full air awning I will be the first to buy,

We have used it in all weathers.

Hope this helps Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts