Vango Airbeam Failure within in the first year warranty

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm awaiting a return phone call, concerning my Air Beam, which split on the weld seam as we put it up...

I've phoned through to the shop this morning, spoke to one chap, who erred and hummed, said something about Ebay, but then said he get his colleague to phone me back. (still waiting)

We brought the Karli Awing last July, so still under the first year warranty, so in theory everything should be sorted out by the caravan shop

But from my first impressions, it sounded as though they were saying the Kali is no longer made, and might be sending me off to Ebay to source my own replacement.. Err I don't think so.

As if I understand correctly, that under selling regulations, that because I've had the product longer than 6 months, the shop has the right to repair as in, replace the Airbeam, and I don't have the automatic right for a full replacement of the Awing. But its the shops responsibility to sort it out not mine.

Any advice if they decided not to be that helpful, and if the model is discontinued so spare are difficult to source, what rights do I have then... As in one way, the product wasn't fit for purpose due to an manufacturing fault

Due to the 12 month warranty does run out in just over a weeks time, bit it failed over a fortnight ago, I will email them as well so I have proof that it failed before 12 month warranty was up

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm awaiting a return phone call, concerning my Air Beam, which split on the weld seam as we put it up...

I've phoned through to the shop this morning, spoke to one chap, who erred and hummed, said something about Ebay, but then said he get his colleague to phone me back. (still waiting)

We brought the Karli Awing last July, so still under the first year warranty, so in theory everything should be sorted out by the caravan shop

But from my first impressions, it sounded as though they were saying the Kali is no longer made, and might be sending me off to Ebay to source my own replacement.. Err I don't think so.

As if I understand correctly, that under selling regulations, that because I've had the product longer than 6 months, the shop has the right to repair as in, replace the Airbeam, and I don't have the automatic right for a full replacement of the Awing. But its the shops responsibility to sort it out not mine.

Any advice if they decided not to be that helpful, and if the model is discontinued so spare are difficult to source, what rights do I have then... As in one way, the product wasn't fit for purpose due to an manufacturing fault

Due to the 12 month warranty does run out in just over a weeks time, bit it failed over a fortnight ago, I will email them as well so I have proof that it failed before 12 month warranty was up

Best to read up on your rights for online purchases on the Citizens Advice CRA 2015 website.
Make sure that if you can your communications are noted and confirmed by email to keep your record. It is the Sellers responsibility to address the problem. But if you aren’t getting anywhere remind them that an online claim via the Small Claims Court is so easy and cheap to pursue. That normally brings them to their senses quickly.

TRENDING THREADS