vanners who walk

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi, does any one do a lot of walking when they go to new sites, were going to Tyddyn Du site in North Wales, just out side Conway, and would like to know if there are any good walks from there. If you know of any we would be glad to know, also has any one stayed on this site its an adults only (we dont mind kids) it was the location we were after. Thanks

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Serious? Is this your first time in this area?

You need to get yourself a book of walks in snowdonia. I find the OS series books the best.

Here are a few suggestions.

1. Snowdon. See a recent edition of PC mag for some info on Snowdon. My preferred route is the Watkin path which is from the south of the mountain. Start point is a car park on the A498 between Beddgelert and Capel Curig. I find the walks from Llanberis a bit boring. The Watkin path is very green whereas the others from Llanberis are very 'grey', landscape speaking.

2. Beddgelert. There is a good walk to be done here. Walking on a path alongside the A498 then turning right after the copper mine to turn up the mountain. Follow the path across the top then path goes back down past a load of old mine workings. Comes out at Nantmor from where you can follow a couple of paths back to Beddgelert for a pint or an ice cream.

3. Cadair Idris. A stunningly spectacular walk near Barmouth & Dolgellau. Best views are the walk from the northern car park. This is accessed from a road opposite petrol station (closed I think) in Dolgellau.

Hope these aren't too far from your base.

Regards

Ian

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Elizabeth, if you go onto the AA routeplanner website, then switch the page to route planner classic, you will be able to do a route from your home address to Conwy, in Wales. When you get your route up, if you go to the bottom of the route, you will find a link that displays local information, check the box that says 'walks', and you will find 6 walks in that area. Hope this helps, Cheers, Roy

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

More walks than you can shake a stick at !

If you are looking for a mixture of short/long circular walks try getting a copy of 'Pub Walks in N.Wales' - they usually start and finish at the same pub + you can park your car.

Alternatively try www.walkingbritain.co.uk where you can download free walk guides.

Enjoy your exercise

Jon

TRENDING THREADS