Vans With Fixed Rear Double Beds.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi
We are searching for a caravan with the 2 front parrallel seats, centre kitchen with the rear side fixed double bed but no more than say 20ft inc A Frame and reasonably lightweight.......i know its a big ask.
Can any members tell me what Makes & Models fit this design, the only ones that i know are the Fleetwood 500SE & the Coachman Pastiche.
Any other makes/models would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Have a look at a Practical Caravan magazine, which lists all new models with a layout code. There is a specific code for the model you're looking for, and there are brief details about each model.

The Sprite Lite 4, at 1097 kg and 4.74 metres or the Sprite Alpine 4, (manufactured by Swift) are probably the most basic, lightest and shortest, but almost every manufacturer does a model with this layout. There are others in the Swift range but they are longer and heavier. The Explore range by Elddis are also light weight and fairly basic models and the Explore 504 even has a transverse bathroom behind the fixed bed, although it's longer than your twenty feet specification.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Depending on what you're towing with do you need to look further? Pastiche! However, I would hang off for another year just to make sure that IF there are any teething problems with the new windows then they can be sorted! The workshop we use has had quite a few swifts in with leaks from last year but coachman are using a different one so hopefully all will be well.

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Think your going to struggle - this layout didnt prove popular so doesnt feature now-but as a compromise why not go for a double dinette layout if your after new Elddis Xplore 405 Coachman Amara - what you can do is leave the rear made up as a bed -though these are over your shipping length. Used you will find this layout in all the popular makes but your going to find it difficult for the length your after.
Jenko

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Auspom said:
Hi
We are searching for a caravan with the 2 front parallel seats, centre kitchen with the rear side fixed double bed but no more than say 20ft inc A Frame and reasonably lightweight.......i know its a big ask.
Can any members tell me what Makes & Models fit this design, the only ones that i know are the Fleetwood 500SE & the Coachman Pastiche.
Any other makes/models would be greatly appreciated.

Tony
I don't think a fixed bed caravan of that length is a good choice.
The end washroom Valencia we have is just under 24', and the washroom is tiny. I often wonder how a large person copes!
The front bunks are shortish.
There's only so much you can practically fit inside a given space.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys
Apologies for the late response and thanks for all your views.
We ended up buying a 2003 Coachman Amara 5005 with the double dinette/end double bed with the long front seating.
Van is in immaculate condition with fitted Motormover and for 5795 i think its a bargain.
Thanks once again.
Tony

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Your post got me thinking:

A frame length say 2ft = 18ft long van
Gas Locker say 18" = 16ft 6ins interior length
3ft at rear for washroom = 13ft 6ins left
Main door say 2ft 6ins = 11ft left
Fixed bed say 6ft 3ins = 4ft 9ins left
Maximum lounge benches = 4ft 9ins
If centre cabinet fitted, say 18" square leaves 3ft 3ins as the width of a bed made out of lounge benches.
I think quart into pint pot is applicable.
There is only so much that can be fitted into a given length.
Move the gas locker (a la Bailey Orion) and gain 18" inside.
Adopt a side washroom and gain 3ft inside.
If you want the original layout but with a 4ft 6ins wide bed up front then the van's overall length has to go up to 21ft 3ins.
It's not possible otherwise.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at the Sterkeman range from France - only part of the range is listed as imported to UK but you could always go and fetch it !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts