VAT Reduction

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I see that the VAT rate is being reduced from 17.5% to 15% as from 1 December - wonder if we will see a resulting reduction in the sale price of caravans, motorhomes and accessories which could be good news for all of us? Even on new entry level caravans, it should mean about £250 less

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I wonder whether the vat reduction will apply to those who have ordered a new caravan and left a deposit for the caravan to be collected at a future date?

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Baileys have recently increased their prices by 2%, every litte bit off helps and with lots of haggling makes it that little bit more affordable. Or am I trying to convince myself really?

Dave.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I wonder whether the vat reduction will apply to those who have ordered a new caravan and left a deposit for the caravan to be collected at a future date?
Parksy

As far as I know the relevant vat % is governed by the invoice date. That is cast in stone.

Cheers

Alan

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
If on your order form that you placed before the 1st of Decemeber it says vat inclusive they do not have to pass the 2.5% saving on to you,if it say vat at 17.5% then after the 1st they have to invoive you at 15%.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Yes prices will go up as alot of caravan manufacturing products are imported in from Europe with the pound struggling against the euro at 1 for 1.

To add to the VAT drop i have found out now that if you placed an order before the 1st of December and took delivery after the 1st they do not have to charge VAT at 15%.This is from Trading Standards and HM helpline.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes prices will go up as alot of caravan manufacturing products are imported in from Europe with the pound struggling against the euro at 1 for 1.

To add to the VAT drop i have found out now that if you placed an order before the 1st of December and took delivery after the 1st they do not have to charge VAT at 15%.This is from Trading Standards and HM helpline.
hi brother in law ordered new coachman at oct nec show from wandahome , rang them yesterday and they will pass on the 2.5% reduction in vat cheers john

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi brother in law ordered van from wandahome at oct nec show , rang dealer and they will honour vat reductition and forwarded ammended paperwork to show this cheers john

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
If on your order form that you placed before the 1st of Decemeber it says vat inclusive they do not have to pass the 2.5% saving on to you,if it say vat at 17.5% then after the 1st they have to invoive you at 15%.
Since the company will pay the VAT element to the government it makes no difference to them (other than cash flow)if they charge 15% or 17.5%. So its not really a case of "passing on a saving" as such. The VAT isn't determined by the company and doesn't belong to them. Th invoice date will determine the amount of VAT charged.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts