vauxhall omega

Apr 24, 2006
Visit site
I have been towing with a vauxhall omega 2.5 v6 cdx manual saloon which tows my coachman amara 520/4 beautifully,however the time is coming to start looking for a replacement I still like omegas although they have been out of production for a couple of years now and trying to find a low mileage 2.6 V6 is like looking for the holy grail! there seems to be an abundance though of the 2.2 four cylinder models ,manual and auto, i need to know if this engine is man enough for the job , can anyone advise me ?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The 2.2i petrol Omega is about 80kg lighter than the equivalent V6 and power is down to 144PS. There has been a spate of cam chain failures on this engine but this is down to owners using the extended service interval (20,000 miles) but not using the high specification oil required. There was a warranty modification done on early models to combat this but it would be prudent to choose an example with more frequent oil changes recorded.

The 2.2DTi diesel (manual only) would restore the unladen weight but is only 120PS although torque is a healthy 207 lb.ft

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi, We have a 2.5V6 auto estate which tows our twin axle van beautifully and I hope it lasts cause we don't want to change it. I know other people that have been after 2.5V6 estates and not been able to find one. Also the boot space is vast, the last trip we carried the full awning, a double buggy, two highchairs, TV, waste and water carrier and there was still more room - fantastic car. Denise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts