Vauxhall Signum

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone tow with a Vauxhall Signum? model I'm looking at is the 3.0 V6 DTI.

I've been trying to convince myself for weeks that buying a Kia Sorento is a good idea and had several Test Drives of various models, some offered at huge discounts. However, I am afraid I just cant get to like it well enough to sepnd £20k on it. WHilst I am in no doubt that it would make a great towcar, I am just not sure I could live with it on a day to day basis. ON the way home from yet another Test Drive of a Sorento today, we popped into the Vauxhall Dealership and spotted the Signum and pretty much fell in love with it straight away! What a clever design. Now, I know they lose huge amounts at first but dont worry I am not buying new - you can get a less than 1 year old model for £10k less than new price.

I currently drive a 2.6 V6 Omega and this would seem like a good replacement. All the power of the Omega but with excellent fuel economy from the reviews I've read.

So any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Derek

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Derek,

I'd heard good reports of the V6 DTI, but as Lutz said - you need to check the GTW and max towing weight of the automatic very carefully.

Apparently the 6 speed manual is the one to look out for.

Robert

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the comment and yes I did know this although why I'm not too sure. Anyway it is a 6spd Manual - had a test drive today of the 3.0V6 Diesel - wow, what a machine - goes like the clappers with torque that I have never experienced before! And I did a check on the on-board computer - average mpg(over a long period) 39 mpg. and this was a not very good example.

I know the Sorento is a very fine vehicle and everyone raves about it - there are also some very good deals at the moment...

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, I'm not at home at the moment so I don't have the data and have to go by memory but the auto only has a 1300kg max. towload. If I remember rightly, the manual is rated at 1600kg (maybe even more).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts