vectra 2.2 dti

Jun 16, 2006
Visit site
I've got a vectra 2.0dti, it tows very well. My van is a pageant bretagne which puts it over the 85% match up but it manages very well.

Plenty of low down power with the diesel torque.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If it is the same 2.2 diesel as fitted to the Fronteras then should be a good puller. We had a 2.2 DTI Frontera and was a fantastic tow car, plenty of torque made towing effortless.

Jun 13, 2006
Visit site
Thanks rich & del, I read some where that some one had trouble while towing, their Vectra would only do 30 ish mph, something to do with onboard computer.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If you can afford one with the newer 1.9CDTI engine, I'd go for that (not that the 2.2DTI is bad but the 1.9CDTI, especially in its 150hp form, has got more oompf)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

Yes I,ve got the Vectra dti2.2sxi its an absolutely brilliant tow car very economic to run (51mpg on a solo run).We tow a Baileys Pageant "Champagne" and the car tows like a dream,towing isn,t a problem at all.We,ve got the chain driven cam not as previously the belt driven cam.Would highly reccomend this car to anyone,if you buy one you won,t regret it one bit.Jim

Nov 4, 2005
Visit site
I've got a vectra 2.0dti, it tows very well. My van is a pageant bretagne which puts it over the 85% match up but it manages very well.

Plenty of low down power with the diesel torque.
Hi Richard,

Im intrested in the 2.0dti, but just a little worried about it's power. I have a 1.8 petrol version and think its a great car but just a little under powered for towing, theres a lot of gear changing going on while trying to maintain 60mph on motorways with no real hope of putting on the cruise control, I tow a Baily Discovery 300 with a MTPLM of 1156kg and with the wife the 2 kids and me do you think it will Manage to keep at 60mph on motorways especially in 5th gear while on cruise control.

Many thanks

Stean

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts