Very efficient coolbox

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
We have two of these with one being slightly older and now only working on 12v dc ( that is used as the beer fridge ) :lol: well over the weekend the fridge in the van was getting a bit full so we popped two, two pint bottles of milk into the beer fridge to keep chilled, the other coolbox was being used for food items, I knew these boxes were good at keeping cold but i was not expecting the milk to freeze :eek:hmy: but the beer didn't :dry: but it was nice and chilled ...... :p

Not the cheapest of coolboxes but we are pleased with them ;)

20150517_092451_zpsolbobwdw.jpg

I checked the temperature of the coolbox and this one was showing :eek:hmy:
20150517_094855_zpst7r8gpaf.jpg

And this one was down to -2 :eek:hmy:
20150517_095127_zpsann7vjwf.jpg

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
When we were in France last year , that's all our cool box was used for , the alcohol , my bottles and OHs wine ! Sorted ! It'll be the same scenario when we go this year to , stroll on not long !!

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Only very slightly off topic, I have occasionally wondered whether the alternator on the car could supply sufficient power to charge the car battery, cool the caravan fridge and also run the cool-box in the car at the same time. This could be on top of the power needed for the air-con, lights and wipers etc. I've never had a problem but wondered if I was ever getting close to having one if everything was running.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
JohnM20 said:
Only very slightly off topic, I have occasionally wondered whether the alternator on the car could supply sufficient power to charge the car battery, cool the caravan fridge and also run the cool-box in the car at the same time. This could be on top of the power needed for the air-con, lights and wipers etc. I've never had a problem but wondered if I was ever getting close to having one if everything was running.
i too have the coolbox in the first picture,well i did but the in laws borrowed it last year and still have not got it back it comes with a switch setting that if you set it to that the cool box will switch itself off if the car battery starts to rundown and then switch itself back on when or if the car battery recovers...

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, the price seems a little high for those, I have seen them recently for £35 12v and 240v connections, looking as if I may need to replace ours if I can't repair it as the end of the cigar lighter connection has been slowly melting (see pictures below) and on last years trip around Europe I had to keep pairing bits off with a knife and now it's stopped working altogether, so I am going to cut the plug off and use connectors to affix a new cigar lighter end and see if that works.

It's a make called Mobicool we bought in a shopping centre electrical super store in Dornbirn Austria right on Lake Constance 4 years ago and it's done 4/6 weeks every summer since in constant use with 12v we have it wedged between the front seats in the car so we have access to it for sandwiches and drinks on the road without having to pull over or 240v when on site with a hook up lead so shame to bin it we have grown attached to the old thing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts